Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
WOW!!!!!

That really sucks. While I try to stick with domestic cars I do like some of the mitsu cars like the lancer evo and the eclipse.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mitsubishi is probably my favorite Japanese auto maker (i'm in love with Evo's, and 96-99 Eclipses). Hopefully someone will come along and bail them out. Maybe Ford? Probably too unlikely.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
That's what building crappy cars will do to ya <_<

Friend had a turboed eclipse. Damn thing moved, but it liked to break all the time.

·
Registered
663 Posts
DCX is stopping financial support for Mitsubishi... but DCX isn't selling its share or anything. I think DCX is trying to lower Mitsubishi stocks for a complete (and inexpensive) takeover.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Well, the article said "they may sell their share." Which in English means that after this news breaks everywhere and Mitsu stock drops into the basement, they'll dump it.

As for being the only unprofitable Japanese car company, I'm not surprised. My mom sent me an article about 6 months ago about when Mitsubishi launched thier ad campaign for the *I think* Lancer (non-evo) with the girl dancing in the passanger seat. Well, the campaign worked SO well and they were handing out cars like they were candy with of course, FINANCING. Mitsubishi got slammed with 1 BILLION dollars in defaulted loans in total on those cars because their ad campaign was so good. Kind of ironic.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
eh...GM will buy it and try to screw Ford/Mazda

Sorry but for some reason that just clicks with me

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Apr 23 2004, 05:06 PM
Well, Dodge and Mitsu have gone hand in hand in the past.  They will probably do it again.
Um.....isn't Dodge also owned by DaimlerChrysler?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Originally posted by biteableniles@Apr 23 2004, 01:26 PM
That's what building crappy cars will do to ya <_<

Friend had a turboed eclipse. Damn thing moved, but it liked to break all the time.
Yeah tell me about it, I had a 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES it was a beautiful looking car, the car really could move that is when the transmission didn't die. I had it rebuilt once the second time I let it sit in my garage for a year until I sold the stupid piece of crap for $150.00 for parts 2 weeks ago!

I Loved the car, it was stylish looking, had great options, the only thing wrong with it is that it was a MITSUBISHI, it leaked oil , burned oil, engine started pinging (sounded like a bomb)

The only thing Mitsubishi has going for them are their looks, engines and tranny's suck!

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I had a feeling that no financing for a year would come back to bite them in the a**. I say let them take a dump and just stay in Japan.

As for the competition with the WRX. If Ford would just bring the foreign focuses with AWD and all the other cool stuff over here, Subaru would take a beating on thier market share from that.

On a side note...
I heard a rumor that Ford was going to "acquire" Nissan. Not something I necessarily want, but something I heard from my cousin in Indiana - claims he saw it on the news. I know as of right now they do hold some kind of interest in Nissan financially but I don't know anything other than that. They did work on the Mercury Villager and whatever the Nissan Minivan is together.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
This news, after Mitsu is set to come back to WRC, and finishing 2 Pajero Evo's in the top 3 of the Paris-Dakar rally...again
booo. I doubt that Mistu will be gone from cars, if at all. Someone, out there (not necessarily another car maker) will see it as an investment for the future.

And if youre referring to the Focus RS, no it came with only FWD and only 200 bhp. However, the LSD on that thing is what supposedly makes it such a terrific track car...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Renault owns Nissan now, and I don't think they will be selling it to Ford anytime soon.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Majisto@Apr 24 2004, 01:37 AM
Renault owns Nissan now, and I don't think they will be selling it to Ford anytime soon.
Didn't know that - like I said that came second-hand from my cousin who isn't exactly the most reliable source around.
I wouldn't want Ford to buy Nissan anyways.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Apr 23 2004, 11:30 PM
On a side note...
I heard a rumor that Ford was going to "acquire" Nissan. Not something I necessarily want, but something I heard from my cousin in Indiana - claims he saw it on the news. I know as of right now they do hold some kind of interest in Nissan financially but I don't know anything other than that. They did work on the Mercury Villager and whatever the Nissan Minivan is together.
Every car company had a chance to acquire Nissan when it was in trouble. GM had the chance but didn't... I read that one of the GM reps said something about not jumping onto a sinking ship.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by FVT@Apr 23 2004, 05:22 PM
PREDICTION:  Expect a ton of EVOs on insanely reduced prices.
Let me know when.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts