Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sprayed some degreaser in my wheel wells and power washed at the local coin op. When I got home to dress my wheels and wheel wells I noticed that the undercoating was missing from the lower several inches at the front portion of each of the rear wheel wells (at the dog leg). I'm not sure if I took it off with the wand or if it was always like that. Both wheel wells look exactly the same so I wonder if I've missed this for the last 9 years. Momma is out of town with the camera so no pics until she gets back. Can someone take a peek at their rear wheel wells and tell me if the undercoating goes all the way to the bottom of the metal behind the dog leg? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Is yours Atlanta or Chicago built? I can grab pics for you but won't be able to post until tmrw.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's Chicago built

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bull Geek. Were you able to take a peek or snap a pic? I would assume that Chicago built cars have rustproofing and Atlanta built came without but who knows both could have it since a vehicle could end up anywhere regardless of where it was made or sold to.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (CDChangerGuy @ Jun 16 2009, 09:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732679
Bull Geek. Were you able to take a peek or snap a pic? I would assume that Chicago built cars have rustproofing and Atlanta built came without but who knows both could have it since a vehicle could end up anywhere regardless of where it was made or sold to.[/b]
We had a torrential rain storm roll through last night so the picture never happened. Hopefully no storm again this afternoon after work. :) Not sure what to think on the factories, as both places shipped cars to Northern states new.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yea we are both looking towards the front of the car in the same area...just mine is passenger side, yours is driver. We both are missing the same "undercoating" or whatever that is in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts