Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, It’s been years since I’ve posted Here and still have the same 07 Taurus but with 205,000 miles now. I’ve got a bad situation just now I’m missing the two bolts that connect the front engine mount from the sub frame to the engine. Has anyone any idea what bolt size and thread I need ?
First went to ford parts at two locations and they claim it’s a discontinued part nor do they know any specs on it. I’ve been to junk yards and the engines have been pulled. No bolts. The bolt needs to be no longer than an 1 1/2” length as it goes through approximately a 1” thick engine flange
I’ve tried 12mm both 1.25 and 1.75. Threads if I’m correct Both from Advance auto. Could it be the 1.5 that I haven’t located yet. Or can anyone Help me here with knowledge. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2002 Sable with the Duratec. If the size hasn’t changed, it is a 10.9 grade M12x1.75 Flange nut with a captive 3mm thick washer. The overall length is 48.75mm and the length from the bottom of the flange to the end of the bolt is 38mm. The last 5-6mm of the bolt has a diameter of 9.10mm and is unthreaded.
MountBolt.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts