Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new here and desperate. so 2010 for taurus SEL started missfiring. got a code and replaced the plugs and coils and everything was good for a bit. now when i stop at a red light or stop sign the rpms drop significantly like it wants to die. it never has but it feels like its trying. wife says it missfires but i havent experienced it yet. read alot about the ECM causing a missfire but hoping i dont have to send it in. this car is going to be my daughters 16th birthday present as we have since bought an infinity wich is also a headache. any help from anybody who has experienced similar issues would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
15,317 Posts
A good place to start

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was getting a misfire on cylinder 3, would not happen all the time, usually after the first drive of the day, say we would go into a store then come out and it would being with the misfire, it was either electrical or gas (fuel injector I was thinking) , I rolled the dice and used 2 cans this: LIQUI MOLY Jectron Fuel Injection Cleaner, 300 mL
and it worked, been over a week now and so far so good, 500 miles and no more misfire code,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts