Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My #1 and #5 cylinders were misfiring. I just got finished replacing the spark plugs and wires. Now it feels like only one cylinder is not firing, i still have to get the codes rechecked again. Does anyone know what could be wrong for me to still have a problem after replacing the plugs and wires?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I'm not very knowledgable with the engine, but a guess might be a clogged injector. Complete guess till someone seconds it...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got back from getting my codes checked. It said cylinder #1 misfire. I unplugged cyl #1 and the car ran worse. Also, the car idles rough now but in higher RPMs it smoothes out. I don't know what the hell to do.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm afraid this may be bad news. My 97 Vulcan did the same thing when the rear head gasket blew.

Pull out the #1 plug, and see what it looks like. Also, run a compression check on the #1 cylinder.

Hoping for the best, but if it is the worst I'll do my best to help where I can.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm having the same problem i think.... just replaced my plugs, same brand, type, etc..... put everything back exactly how it was...... now i get a definate miss when idling in drive after the engine has warmed up........ sometimes it's alright, sometimes it does it...... sometimes it seems to only do it when i'm stopped on an uphill incline... sometimes it does it in the garage.... but it only does it at idle, at all other rpm's i'm fine...... i'm gonna double check the wires n make sure they're on all the way

I'm getting ready to get in there and start checking things this weekend... so i'll let you know what i find out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts