Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2002 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6 DOHC Vin S if that helps. It started out with a slight hesitation not very often and I had bought injector cleaner. The problem got progressively worse and the car actually quit on me. I got a check engine light and i was told it was a misfire on #3. I did a complete tune up and and replaced that particular injector. The car was sputting out horribly and driving it back i had smelled gas and my engine light was flashing. I pulled over and noticed that right above the catalytic converter it was red hot. The vehicle ran horribly and I made it to have the engine light checked again. This time it was a misfire on 1,3,5. I bought a coil pack and after that the engine sounded much better. I noticed that it sounded like there was something pinging around by the header above the cat. I drove the vehicle and low and it still doesnt run right and it acts like there is no power going up hills and puts along. The engine never gets warm but feels like there is a tremendous amount of heat under the hood. After one more hook up bc of my check engine light i was told a misfire on 4 and 6. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my cat plugged up? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone told me the glowing could have been caused by the vehicle dumping too much gas . It took me a over a quarter of a tank to do something that usually is less than 1/4. Either way i have a feeling it is a damaged cat but i have read conflicting ways of how to remove the y pipe in order to take it off and replace. Does anyone know the right way to do it?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts