Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Spencer, IA. I will be in Sioux Falls on turkey day if you wana meet somewhere.

248 Posts
New member in st. cloud mn. as of about 35 days ago. '06 taurus. Where are the meets going to be? is there a usual meeting spot? does it vary? I'm a stay @ home dad. My car is nothing particularly special as far as looks or under the hood. I'm getting used to it. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
enasnidx lives in St. Cloud too. I'd PM him and you 2 can meet. I plan on being up that way in July. I hope to meet both of you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey guys. welcome to the club minnesota06taurusguy. i'm a student graduating from SCSU in a couple weeks but i live st. cloud and i'm around so if you or anyone else is around these parts hit me up.

248 Posts
I'm 5 blocks from campus. Between 14th and 15th on university, directly across from Talahi School. Middle building upstairs. I better not need any parts anytime soon, the car only has 19k on it. Silver 06 taurus, military plates. Are you from st. cloud or just go to scsu? :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm actually from Cold Spring, a whopping 20 min. drive from st. cloud, but i live about 5 blocks from campus the other way. on 9th ave between the model college and 4th st. moving into a different house at the end of may here though. gonna be by the old coborn's on 3rd st. between 6th and 7th ave. let me know if you wanna compare bulls sometime (i think you got me by almost a decade and more than a 100k :p) i'm pretty free with school getting out soon. oh, me and my girl got a 2 yr. old too...bring ur son :thumb:

248 Posts
I'm sure we'll get together at some point. we have a decent size backyard and a grill. Maybe we should have a meet at my place. Also, i'll be looking for someone to help me with a line output converter install, if you know anything about car audio. I'm keeping the stock single cd, but i will be adding an amp and sub as well. We are going to be having a yard/parking lot sale in june sometime. We are looking to move as well, hopefully to a house we can rent. It's tough with a baby, one income and a new $500 payment for car/ins. but we manage. :D

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
i live in paynesville about a 45 min drive from st cloud probably moving there in a month or two for school

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone. New member here up in Alexandria, MN. Just bought a silver 93 3.0 vulcan gl wagon here. Great condition for its age and roads. 126000miles, and 1 little dime size rust spot under rear door.
It came w a radiator leak,pulled myself, fixed. got rear wiper running again(wiring), new fram tough guard air filter. new wiper blades all around. Rear window defroster didn't work, (wiring) fixed it. Replaced side marker lightbulb. Cinched up rubber door seals to tighten seal and quiet wind noise in top corner of front doors (big noise difference, check yours). Found 1 rusty spot on steel tranny cooler line under the radiator caused by the rusty steel retaining bracket whick gave way when I took out radiator, replaced 1 and 1/2 foot of rubber tran hose.
This spring I plan on tranny flush, adding aux tranny cooler and a new fuel filter. maby new plugs and wires. Oh yeah, rear and back tinting. Gonna wait for it to warm up a bit. did the radiator at -5 below.
Well I travel all over in the summer to disc golf tournaments and the state aquired my last car a year ago: a west coast rust free 79 245dl mustard yellow volvo, so I'm happy to be out and about driving again (and happy I ran across another wagon). Looking at stereo systems next...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I hale from Stillwater, land of the snobs. *glares at the 17 year old girl climbing out of the Mustang one parking spot over*

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I miss the drive in theater in Woodbury, I wonder if it's still there? I know they closed 65-hi in Blaine-I remember sneaking in there in a trunk when I was 14, I later come to find out my parents did the same thing when they were kids, same drive in-tradition :rofl2:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Your in luck!
The Vali-Hi drive-in in Woodbury is still open.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I didn't realize how active Minnesota was :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Your in luck!
The Vali-Hi drive-in in Woodbury is still open.
[/b]
Mmmhmm... Vali-Hi + cheap Ford pickup + free couch = win

I didn't realize how active Minnesota was :lol2:
[/b]
What else is there to do when it's below zero? :lol:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I might go up there (in summer) to visit family, I'll have to go to Vali-Hi while I'm there in a rent-a-Taurus, I wonder if they still let you BBQ? A drive in theater would make an interesting place for a meet, tailgate party style! I think Minneapolis is one of few cities that have a skyway system-it's needed for the cold!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I've heard about this drive-in...wanted to go for some time now. My hometown is about ten minutes from MN.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts