Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are PROUDLY serving our great country in the US ARMY at Scholfield Barracks, in the ongoing war on Global Islam-Facisim aka TERRORISM. I need some advice. I had my oil changed today, and shortly thereafter, the check engine light came on. I own a 2002 ford taraus ses with 135k miles. I checked the engine oil IMMEDIATELY, and it was completely full. I brought the car home, DISCONNECTED the - battery terminal to clear the light. Light has not come back on.

Any ideas what could cause this? If the light comes back on I will NO RESET IT but got DIRECTLY to the dealer. We are looking a getting a NEW/USED car in the next 30-60 days, so I really dont wanna invest a small fortune on a car we have no intention on keeping.

Thanks in advance for you time!

·
Registered
834 Posts
We are PROUDLY serving our great country in the US ARMY at Scholfield Barracks, in the ongoing war on Global Islam-Facisim aka TERRORISM. I need some advice. I had my oil changed today, and shortly thereafter, the check engine light came on. I own a 2002 ford taraus ses with 135k miles. I checked the engine oil IMMEDIATELY, and it was completely full. I brought the car home, DISCONNECTED the - battery terminal to clear the light. Light has not come back on.

Any ideas what could cause this? If the light comes back on I will NO RESET IT but got DIRECTLY to the dealer. We are looking a getting a NEW/USED car in the next 30-60 days, so I really dont wanna invest a small fortune on a car we have no intention on keeping.

Thanks in advance for you time!
[/b]
Too many things to guess...when the light comes back on get the code checked...some autoparts stores like Autozone will check them for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If it comes on again go to your Auto Hobby Shop and use their code reader, then post the code here and someone will be able to help you. As long as the CEL is not flashing its OK to drive it. The fact that it went off by itself is good in that its not something critical like emissions system.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
If it comes on again go to your Auto Hobby Shop and use their code reader, then post the code here and someone will be able to help you. As long as the CEL is not flashing its OK to drive it. The fact that it went off by itself is good in that its not something critical like emissions system.
[/b]
If the check engine light goes on, it had a part, even if it was a very small one, in the emissions system.

The fact that it hasn't come back on though suggests it may be an intermittent problem that may set a code on occasion. Problems don't usually fix themselves so it should eventually come back on. When it actually will come back on though, there's no way of telling.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Not to start anything, because not only do I completely respect everyone in the armed forces, but am a AirForce Brat myself, but whats with stating unrelivent information in this thread & title? Isn't that why we have an introduction forum?? Hopefully you can figure out the problem tho. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Not to start anything, because not only do I completely respect everyone in the armed forces, but am a AirForce Brat myself, but whats with stating unrelivent information in this thread & title? Isn't that why we have an introduction forum??
[/b]
God Bless America :usa: ! I wasn't going to say anything being Canadian, but I'm glad you did :salute:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I have been in the Army 13 years. If you look back on any of my posts, and I've been a member since 03, I only mention it when it's pertinent, and it rarely, if ever, is.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
but I am a Brat myself, so whats with stating irrelevant information in this thread?
[/b]

Fixed, post ***** :p

I miss the Auto Hobby / Craft Shop on post :(
[/b][/quote]

Not to go completely OT...however you sir are the one with the title, not me. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts