Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if anyone has been on Draxas website... but they now carry MIL Eliminators. I was wondering, what in fact is a MIL? What does MIL Stand for? and Why should this part be important to me and my Sable/Taurus? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I think you plug those into the 2 o2 sensors that are downstream from the cats, all they do is prevent the service engine light from coming on. You'd only need them if you took your catalytic converters off.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They have had them. The get them from Dallas mustang, if I'm not mistakin. When I got their catless y-pipe last year, they sent me some.

·
Registered
83 Posts
so does this mean i can take my cats off and get these mil eliminators and still pass emmisions or is it just k eep the check engine light off? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
MIL - Malfunction Indicator Light. The "Check Engine Light" on your dash.

IF your emissions are checked by OBD II you could get away with it, BUT if they LOOKED underneath and saw it was gone, some states would automatically fail you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if i took both cats off my 96 sable, would it effect the performance of the car if i did not use the mil iliminators??
all they do is keep the light off right???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts