Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be looking for a G2 MTX SHO pretty soon. Pretty much got my wife convinced that when she sells her truck,she should drive my 02 and Ill go and "buy a car for 4,5,or6 grand" "I want you to drive something dependable huuunny. So Ill go buy a cheap car for back and forth to work,that way I don't have to worry about you!" :uptosumpn: So if anyone knows of one with fairly low miles ( under 100,000 or close to it) that might be going up,thats in good shape , well let me know about it. Looking for Blue, Red, or silver.

True Blue,you ready to get rid of yours yet?? :D

And if anyone wants to partial trade on 1 BADASS truck,(not a ford though) or is interested in buying,let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
G2s are cheap as hell. You should be able to find a good one for about 3 grand, and then you'll have about 2 grand to dump into the modding process. :evil:

First and foremost, check the SHOForum classifieds. :thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Where do you live? There's a '93 at a used car lot here in La Crosse for around $3900 IIRC. Someone told me it had 20K original miles. If you live close to here, you should at least check it out.

EDIT: Oh, should I mention the twin turbos?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
why do you say might you should definitely get a sho my gen3 is the best thing that ever happened to me hope you have fun with your gen2 but make sure you get a mtx automatic transmission ones dies so fast when you drive it like you stole it ;) anyway good luck on your hunt ill try to find one for you also try ebaymotors.com and on the serch write sho you should find some hot ass sho's there not to mention a 1990 supercharged sho for 9 grand anyway good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jun 25 2004, 09:29 PM
I might be looking for a G2 MTX SHO pretty soon.

"buy a car for 4,5,or6 grand" "

drive something dependable .

a cheap car for back and forth to work,
Words never to be used in the same post.

G2 SHO, drive dependable, and cheap car.

Try "Hunny I need to take the 02 to work today because the sho is down for repair and I have to stop at the parts store on the way home. BTW is there lots of money on the credit card because I need a few parts"

:lol2: :lol2:

But do it anyways SHOs rule I already miss driving mine and it has only been 1 month.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Buying an old SHO is like buying any car of that vintage, except the cost of repair parts can be higher.

Remember the newest Gen 2 is still 9 years old. Few pieces of advice:

1. More so than with a bread-and-butter car of that vintage, finding one that is owned by a SHO enthusiast that has kept up with maintenance, and has some maintenance records, is very valuable.

2. Don't worry about the mileage. My '95 MTX that I owned from 78-90K miles was a car with a very questionable history, was cosmetically rough, and had poor maintenance. My current '94 that I bought with 168k is in TWICE the condition of the '95....both mechanically and cosmetically....as it was owned by two SHO enthusiasts before I got it. Basically, a well-maintained 150K car is way better than an undocumented 75K car.

3. Having a $2K cash buffer for maintenance items is almost a must. Buying a SHO with meticulous records that doesn't need anything is worth a few more dollars. For buying a used ATX SHO, the $2K buffer is an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM, and $2.5-$3k is a good idea.

4. Of course, all of this assumes that you are willing to do some of your own work. if anyone is all-thumbs, look for another car, or double the cash buffers that I mentioned above.

Buying SHOs is really much like buying an old 911. Don't get sucked in by a low purchase price.....it's the cost of operation that can burn you if you aren't careful!!

With all that said, here is the listing from the SHO Club Classifieds for Dave Kegel's white (yes, it wasn't on the color list) '93 MTX with full black leather (very nice and semi-rare):

1993 MTX, 108k, Wht/blk, All options but keyless. No rust. Multiple Gold Award winner. Many upgrades. Call/email for details. $5500 OBO. Pics at http://www.photoisland.com ID: dkegel, Password: sho. Dave Kegel, Romeoville, IL. 815-886-3721
4-1 PRICE REDUCED!

This is the car that was at Gingerman for ROTB. I have no interest (financial or otherwise) in this car, but this is a very meticulously maintained and cared-for car by an anal SHO enthusiast, and this car truly needs nothing!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jun 25 2004, 09:29 PM
True Blue,you ready to get rid of yours yet?? :D
Not quite yet. :lol: :thumb:

SHOForum is where I found mine. Best place to look IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts