Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in my hometown, we used to do this thing called the "Top 20". Since we aren't all in a centralized location, I figured a Top 10 would be sufficient. I used to hang out with a sort of underground street racing group (fines are quite hefty if you get caught racing there), and to keep things interesting, we had "the list" kept on our forums.
Here are the basic rules:

1) The top 3 place holders on the list may only be challenged by the person directly below them.
Numbers 4 - 10 may be challenged by anyone.

2) The person who is CHALLENGED sets the conditions for the race. (from a stop or a roll speed)

3) Once a callout has been issued, the person challenged has 2 weeks to set up and complete the race or else they forfeit thier spot to the person that challenged them.

4) No higher than a 45 mph roll, unless agreed upon by both people.

5) At least a 1/4mile's worth of distance must be covered during the race unless agreed upon by both people.

6) Once a person has been challenged they cannot be challenged again until the race has been settled or the two week deadline has passed.

7) Spaces on the Top 10 list are available only to club members. It does not matter what type of vehicle members choose to race, as long as the vehicle rightfully belongs to them or they drive the vehicle on a regular basis. (ie. Jarod's new SVT)

8) "The List" would be kept on a webpage within the Midwest site. Callouts may be made in the Midwest forum only, and must be made by a public post (no PM's, IM's, or emails... it has to be known who is going against who within the chapter). If you choose to telephone a member to challenge them (ie. if they can't get online all the time), it must be posted.

9) Winners advance up the list accordingly. If you currently hold the higher position in your race, you retain that position and must challenge someone higher than you to advance.

10) No one may meet on Gratiot to race Greg. Greg may choose any other spot if he is the challenger, just not on Gratiot. No racing on Gratiot. No giving in to Greg when he pleads to race on Gratiot. Nothing takes place on Gratiot. Nothing. B)

Winners retain bragging rights. The TCCA and it's subsidiaries claim no responsibility for personal damage to vehicles or speedings tickets, etc.

;)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Definitely an interesting idea. My only concern would be how well do you think something like this would fly with the distances between us all ?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the only drawback. However, it could be an incentive to get together more. ;)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Tara@Jun 5 2004, 01:47 PM
That's the only drawback. However, it could be an incentive to get together more. ;)
Very true. Good Idea! :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
1) The top 3 place holders on the list may only be challenged by the person directly below them.
Numbers 4 - 10 may be challenged by anyone.
So who makes the inital list?

Ok, No Gratiot but what about Telegraph? (my turf)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Tara (or anyone else),

Can you fill me in on what/where Gratiot is? I'm guessing it's a race track but the whole number 10 makes no sense to me as i don't know anything about Gratiot.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
ok i challenge jarod to race at place of his choosing. SVT's going down hardcore :p

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
and high gratiot is a major 8 lane divided highway on the east side of the metro detroit area. It's a huge crusing avenue and ppl do race from rewd light to red light but cops are abound on it and you will be busted for doing anything illegal so that's why tara said nothing on gratiot and i agree 110%. there's several spots for a race which include 16 mile road., telegraph rd, french road in detroit, several roads in the dearborn area and other that i can't think of right now.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Jun 5 2004, 04:07 PM
and high gratiot is a major 8 lane divided highway on the east side of the metro detroit area. It's a huge crusing avenue and ppl do race from rewd light to red light but cops are abound on it and you will be busted for doing anything illegal so that's why tara said nothing on gratiot and i agree 110%. there's several spots for a race which include 16 mile road., telegraph rd, french road in detroit, several roads in the dearborn area and other that i can't think of right now.
Thanks Tman, being from central indiana and never having been to Detroit i had no clue what she was talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
no problem man. You indiana guys should put a meet together so us michiganders can get out of this state for a meet for once...lol

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Jun 5 2004, 05:42 PM
no problem man. You indiana guys should put a meet together so us michiganders can get out of this state for a meet for once...lol
That sounds like as good a plan as any to me :)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I challenge TMan for a race on Telegraph. Where the top speed limit is 50 in Southfield. Time to show off some low end torque Vulan Powera! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Tara@Jun 5 2004, 01:50 PM

10) No one may meet on Gratiot to race Greg. Greg may choose any other spot if he is the challenger, just not on Gratiot. No racing on Gratiot. No giving in to Greg when he pleads to race on Gratiot. Nothing takes place on Gratiot. Nothing.
:lol2: thats too funny! can they race me on gratiot?? how bout me and greg race on gratiot? wait.. his car will beat mine.. nevermind!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
lol i can let you win sarah since your a girl.....j/k and aspire i accept the challenge just name a time and meet location...has to be a friday or saturday. I work weekdays so make it a weekend and i'm there.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I am out of the racing scene for a little bit.....

I was at Joy Rd. and Telegraph today chillin with some friends up at some produce store, and next thing i know the place gets surrounded by police :eek: ....They blocked every exit and gave everyone a ticket for loitering....i was about to leave to go back home and pick up the SHO and go a couple rounds in it..but before i could even buckle up i was swarmed by cops asking me for my i.d.

Oh well, just a bs ticket, wasnt harming no one....

I'm sure after my court date i'll be down to race :ph34r:

Give me a time and place and i'll be there fo sho

Oh and I seen a really really nice gen 1 there, it was beautifal....i almost cried...and I told someone about this site, he said he had a SHO, didn't say what year though...

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
the guy in the ford lighting?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
No, I was the guy sittin far away from everybody in my silver gen 3....south end of the parking lot

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Tara@Jun 5 2004, 12:50 PM
The TCCA and it's subsidiaries claim no responsibility for personal damage to vehicles or speedings tickets, etc.

Can't stress this enough. Also, the TCCA does not endorse street racing or illegal activity of any kind.

(sorry guys, one of them things one has to do sometimes)

Personally though, I like the idea. Maybe I can become an honorary MW member so I can whoop on that POS white plus next time I'm out. :p

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Jun 5 2004, 05:42 PM
I keep trying... and trying... and trying to get an Indiana meet together, but no one in the MW seems interested. I even had a meet going to be put together with the neon club, but..that Idea was shot down. OH WELL.

I've found myself going to tons of NW Indiana Intrepid meets though.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Tman,

I will check my calender to see what weekend is avaiable. BTW- I am not racing for titles! hehe :lol2: My only condition is that the weather has to be semi-decent. I don't do this kind of thing on wet roads.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts