Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK gang, it looks like we'll need to nominate people for the officer's positions.

I'd like to try doing this a different way this time. I'd like you all to nominate members that you think would make a good President, then we can take a vote based on those nominations.

From there, I'd like the new President to pick a VP. Reasoning for this is that the President and VP will need to work together to get things accomplished, and whomever becomes President should be the best judge of who can help the most.

Place your nominations here in this thread, and after one week, we'll begin the voting.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I nominate WillieSHOme and Tman

But just about anyone in the Midwest chapter would do a good job, good luck to all.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jul 28 2004, 10:25 AM
I put my vote hands down to Jeremy (n2space)
I second Ashley's nomination. It would be nice to have a president (or even a VP) in our state. Might be nice to have a meet in Indiana for a change :D Although, i'm sure the others that have been nominated would be good choices as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I 3rd it as well, however, would Jeremy want to moderate AND be Midwest President?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I nominate Silvaspain and Xmann01 due to there work in getting an Illinois/Chicago meet going! (They are workin together too!)

-Nick S

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all the nominees have my "i second that" whole bit. Everyone nominated so far would make great officers. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Jul 28 2004, 11:41 AM
Even though he hasn't been around much lately, but I nominate Eric (Venom). Did he ever get back to you Bob? In the other thread you mentioned it, but I don't know how that all worked out.
I haven't heard back from him yet. I gave it a week, but I don't want to wait too long to get things going.

He was elected VP, so normally he'd get the President spot, but I think he may be too tied up with other things to do it. Too bad, he's an excellent choice, as are all the others mentioned.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i think greg would make a good candidate, but maybe we should try and have a prez in another state, then the vp in a totally diff location.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Jul 29 2004, 09:11 PM
but maybe we should try and have a prez in another state, then the vp in a totally diff location.
That's a good idea, would be more likely to have meets in different locations that way.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
well, the thing with the meets is that, in our area, it wasnt the president that set up the meets, it was individuals. it might just be that we have more people willing to drive or just that we are all soo close to eachother. so even if the president of the chapter isnt in you area, doesnt mean u cant set up meets. the pres job is partially to set up merchendise, moderate his lil section, and to help with fundraising maybe?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
:withstupid: If you want a meet in IN, just set one up.

[plug]
And just incase there are people who don't know, there is a MW (but all TCCA members are welcome) meet in Chicago on August 18th. Look in the "Events and Rallies" section for info, or PM myself or Xavier (Xmann01).
[/plug]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Jul 29 2004, 09:11 PM
i think greg would make a good candidate, but maybe we should try and have a prez in another state, then the vp in a totally diff location.
I can't nominate, but if I could, I'd nominate Greg and Jason8225. :ph34r:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay well since no one else has done it, i'll have to agree with bob, and i nominate Jason8225

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Greg, Jason, Willie, Jeremy all good.

I'd also like to nominate DR. Girl power and P.L.U.R. probably wouldn't hurt anything. :p

Oh, and sorry I've been out of here for so long. ^^;;;;

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Venom@Aug 7 2004, 01:00 AM

I'd also like to nominate DR. Girl power and P.L.U.R. probably wouldn't hurt anything. :p
:lol2: ..thanks, but no thanks! i would love to, but can't really have a president or VP that has to sneek out of the house to get to a couple meets a year. :ph34r: .. :lol2:

how can i convince the hubbie that its ok for men to like cars?!? <_<

1 - 20 of 26 Posts