Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just a quick question for any Metro Detroiters. My first car, the bull, is in need of a paint job. Does anyone perchance know of a good place to go? Any ideas on cost? I'm honestly in the blind here. I attached a few pictures to help. Thanks alot! :)

IMG814.jpg
Note: front bumper cracked, found a primered OEM for $112 shipped.
IMG815.jpg
IMG819.jpg
Scratch marks from kids going by on their bicycles.
IMG817.jpg
IMG818.jpg
Paint randomly chipping?

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Ah, you have the one year only color, code RJ, but can't think of the name of it.
My daughter has that same color.

Interesting that she had a small spot that peeled off and I've seen another car that color with the paint peeling off the back of the trunk lid.......

Anyways, Schraders on Telegraph in Dearborn did a great job on my mom's Taurus and Blackwell Ford in Plymouth did an excellent job on my son's 00 Taurus. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, you have the one year only color, code RJ, but can't think of the name of it.
My daughter has that same color.

Interesting that she had a small spot that peeled off and I've seen another car that color with the paint peeling off the back of the trunk lid.......

Anyways, Schraders on Telegraph in Dearborn did a great job on my mom's Taurus and Blackwell Ford in Plymouth did an excellent job on my son's 00 Taurus. :)

Ah, yes. That would be "true blue metallic". I read a TSB somewhere (here: http://www.ppg.com/coatings/refinish/en/oem/manuals/Documents/ford_info_aluminumPanelsCorrosionTip_tsb062515.pdf )about paint reacting with the metal, but I'm not sure if this is the cause of that.

& thanks for the leads, I'll be sure to check into them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the midwest club. Let me know if you want to get some mods done. I stay in midtown detroit.
Thanks for the welcome, I'll be sure to do that.
I'm actually planning on going to Parts Galore tomorrow just to look around, I've never been.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

I hate to revive this ancient thread but I recently had a minor accident (hit a patch of ice on the 94W/23N interchange, lost control, and slammed into the concrete divider twice [front and back]), so now I'm really on the hunt for a cheap, decent paint job. I have a family friend doing all the prep work, putting the new body parts on, sanding, patching rust holes in the floorboard, etc. My beloved bull should be in prime condition once he's done with it, but now I'm on the hunt for a painter. The same friend quoted $1500 for materials alone to paint it, and at its age (ten+ years), it's just not worth it.

At this point, should I be going the Maaco route? If so, any luck with the local shops? I hear the Garden City one in particular has done nice work.

Or any other ideas? I'm trying to say sub-1000 range.

Thank you all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts