Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend that has a tow yard was junking a Taurus and he said I could grab some stuff off of it if I wanted. I got there and grabbed a bunch of little stuff I needed, then I noticed the radio. He had told me he gets less money if big stuff is missing like body panels, so I asked him if I could buy the radio off him and he said I could have it for free!

I thought it was just a simple AM/FM headunit, but it was still a dash kit and head unit!

Pulled it out along with all the wiring and got it home and figured out how to hook it up. Turns out it's an Alpine CDM-7871 complete with CD player and "tiltability"

UPDATE: Replaced pictures and movie with daytime shoots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQrRNnLQdWE

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Daytime Picture of the Metra Kit

Daytime Picture of the Alpine HU

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, no big scratches or anything. Just that some of the writing on the buttons are faded off.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
..some of the writing on the buttons are faded off.
[/b]
I think its an Alpine thing. Ive had my HU for a little over a year, and the buttons are faded. But w/e, doesnt affect the sound. Alpine makes the best HU's period. Speakers sound better at all?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yes, loads better. Plus it goes way louder than the stock HU.

I do need to replace my driver door speaker though, it buzzes when there is any base. I have a replacement one, it's just a matter of taking off the door panel.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Nice score!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
it's just a matter of taking off the door panel.
[/b]
^easyyyyyy

Now, get a single 10" sub and a small amp and put it in the trunk and it'll sound awsome. And the mach amp if you dont already have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts