Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
well, heres a pic of our cars topped out by the limiter
pointless thread I know, lol but I just wanted to share with you guys

anyone else have nice pics like this?

sorry on the clarity of it, the digicam didnt' like close up shots.

[email protected]

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
hahah yeah... now I can just look at the pic and imagine what it was like, instead of always going that fast, you know dont want to break anything or worse licence revocation :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
...My Duratec shifts at 100mph...and sits around 2 grand.... :unsure:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by kyle@Aug 12 2004, 05:52 PM
i wouldnt call this thread pointless i love pics of car going fast :)
I got some good videos of the SHO doing 130's on my superford page.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im checking out your SuperFord Account. Nice pics. Check out my video of the Sable and it's crazy tricks...lol

Sal

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The purpose of a spoiler is to direct air at the rear of the car upwards and off the rear wheels to avoid fish tailing. However you cannot fish tail a front wheel drive car. So no.

If it's looseness in the back try using a sandbag in the trunk. If it's overall looseness it could be a) the suspension B) the fact you're driving a Taurus at 110 mph.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The thing is that i have near 200lbs of electronics and MDF in my trunk. And a car with little downforce will become loose and lift in the front and back, a spoilers purpose is to reduce lift by forcing air up and the car down. This would increase high speed stability. There are plenty of import front wheel drive cars that have spoilers (front and rear) with practical uses. In fact, there maybe the same distribution of spoilers on FWD as on RWD cars. I don't understand your reasoning for saying no, if downforce will not cure my looseness problem then you are right, but i think it will. Care to make a friendly wager? just kidding

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Here's mine. This was on the 13th. In the morning around 3am. Going down the freeway. Took it with my camera phone. I did make 115MPH. But did get the pic out in time. Check it out.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/33368887045_0.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I love looking at nice little red x's in white backgrounds, Sal...lol. That vid on your Superford site is amazing. How did you manage that?

And wozza...240 km/h is what in normal people speak???

JR

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
I should get a superford account, I have the movie to that pic 0-110

i want a SHO!!!! if I can find one with LOW miles like around 30000 i'm thinking about trading in my gen 4 lol

naa i'll get myself in trouble

oh and 240 km/h is 150 MPH!!! what kinda car was that??

·
Registered
233 Posts
It was our old BMW....2001 e39 530i...slightly tuned :)

Good times....I just wish the photo came out clearer...stupid digital camera shutter speed at night.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
wozza...I really like the look of that gauge cluster. That's so awesome looking. It's really clean, and I really like the LCDs...is that external temp???

JR

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 13 2004, 06:48 AM

And wozza...240 km/h is what in normal people speak???

JR
240 kph is 150 mph, tach is pegged at the redline. Is that your Aussie Taurus?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well the bad thing about the V-8 SHO's anything past 125mph takes forever to get to.. you really run out of road before you hit the 144mph mark.Hmmmm maybe I'll tease you all with a 167mph run in the vette...if I can find someone crazy enough to hold the cam... :lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Most states have a speed limit of 70 mph in the more rural areas. The speed drops as you approach suburban and cities to as low as 55 in some cases. For US Highways its 60 in the rural areas at least for me (US 17).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts