Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you rememeber a while back, I was wondering if my car had keyless remote entry, since it was former fleet and I did not recieve a fob with the car (and only 1 key, too :( )

I bought 2 new fobs on eBay for about $20 and waited... oh, the anticipation...

I recieved the fobs today, and happily ran out to my car... got in, cycled the lock cylinder eitght times and the car entered the key fob programming mode... I pressed the buttons on the remote...

IT WORKED! I couldn't believe my luck! no more key scratches on the door handle, no more fumbling in the rain! I now have a fully functional keyless remote system!

This on top of the two checks I recieved today... $700 for the sale of the '88 Sable, and $735 government reimbursement for hauling my personal belongings in my private vehicle!

Oh, today is going SO great!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Thats awesome, but it makes me think that maybe my old Taurus might have had that being a former fleet car (first 20,000 of its life) and only recieved 2 keys... man I always wanted it for that car. :(

G

·
Cool B) If you don't have anything in mind for that extra cash, you may want to consider an American Motorsport chip for your car. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Is there a way I can check for sure whether or not my car has keyless entry? Mine did no come with any fobs (bought used) and I would want to know for sure before spending any money on them.

G

·
Originally posted by dIESEL600@Aug 5 2004, 09:33 AM
Is there a way I can check for sure whether or not my car has keyless entry? Mine did no come with any fobs (bought used) and I would want to know for sure before spending any money on them.
I believe there's a module in the car somewhere. If nobody else knows where, I'm sure Brad (Baby SHO) does. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jason8225+Aug 5 2004, 06:41 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jason8225 @ Aug 5 2004, 06:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dIESEL600@Aug 5 2004, 09:33 AM
I believe there's a module in the car somewhere. If nobody else knows where, I'm sure Brad (Baby SHO) does. :) [/b][/quote]
Try to enter the keyfob programming mode... (cycle the ignition from off to run 8 times in something like 15-20 seconds) if it works, you'll get an acknowledgement from the doorlocks unlocking, then locking.

However, I am unsure if this happens in all Taurus, or just those with remote entry. My logic is that it'd only do it with remote entry. Besides, if it does not work, you're only out $20 or so. it's not too big of a cost... I think the fobs from the Ford dealer are upwards of $40 or more each.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cool, I will try entering the mode. If it does work I'll just find a cheap fob and give it a whirl. If it doesn't work I can always resell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.