1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
[attachment=30024:lg_usp_expert.jpg]
.40 hk usp expert.

The problem now is the State of Rhode Island. I cannot find ammo for her.
the gun shop has none after he told me the state is banning the prmer for ammo. after i heard
this i thought this guy was crazy so i called the wife and told her to stop at walmart and grab me
some ammo. they had nothing except a box of .22's and 9's. :( holy crap I'm screwed now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (risoworker @ Jul 7 2009, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737821
.40 hk usp expert.

the gun shop has none after he told me the state is banning the prmer for ammo. after i heard
this i thought this guy was crazy so i called the wife and told her to stop at walmart and grab me
some ammo. they had nothing except a box of .22's and 9's. :( holy crap I'm screwed now.[/b]
looks sweet, but lemme get this straight. The gun shop didnt have the ammo you were looking for so you expected walmart to have it? or is there somthing im overlooking? :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (animex2 @ Jul 7 2009, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737824
QUOTE (risoworker @ Jul 7 2009, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737821
.40 hk usp expert.

some ammo. they had nothing except a box of .22's and 9's. :( holy crap I'm screwed now.[/b]
looks sweet, but lemme get this straight. The gun shop didnt have the ammo you were looking for so you expected walmart to have it? or is there somthing im overlooking? :lol2:
[/b][/quote]
i know but, walmart near me has a good 12 foot run of ammo. :D at great prices too. :lol2:

anyone use reloads?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Hey don't forget Massachusetts or Connecticut is just a stone throw away! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Nice!

Interesting about the ammo. situation though...Haven't really heard anything about it until I Google'd "Rhode Island, Ammunition ban" and I'm reading up on it now.

"Right to bare arms" - Never said the arms had to be loaded.

And in another potential discussion: Wouldn't an ammo ban really only stop the men/women who do things legally and NOT the criminals?

But hey, that's just my initial thoughts....

EDIT: Just got some of my studies on this up to date. I did hear about it, but was hoping I never would again. I understand that guns need serial numbers. Sure, I'll buy it. But ammo? To prevent a political discussion, I've probably said too much and will now bite my tongue. :excl: :ph34r: :excl: :glare:

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Mmm, I want my own gun one day :)

Don't know much about them, but I know they are awesome :D

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Awwww, she's so cute! Looks hungry, though. Hope you can find some ammo. :x:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I use reloads in my rifle. Easy stuff, and cheaper than dirt has brass in stock for $25 for 100, or you can get once fired brass for $15 per 250
http://oncefiredbrass.com/40sandwyellowbra...amps1000ct.aspx

I reloaded 50 rounds for my .257 Roberts last thursday. Much more accurate and cheaper than off the shelf stuff. Ever hit a chipmunk with a heavy deer round :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
They also have ammo for $27/50rds on Cheaperthandirt and they ship to RI

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
From what I read, the legislation is in effect as of June 30, 2009. The new ammo with the serial number will be available (shortly I think, didn't see a specific date) for roughly the same price, but with an additional 5 cent tax/round. So like +$2.50 per box. The current ammo, without the serial number, must be forfeited by July 2011.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'd like to keep up with accurate info.

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE (risoworker @ Jul 7 2009, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737821
.40 hk usp expert.

You may wish to move to a different state..

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Trevor @ Jul 7 2009, 11:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737829
Nice!

Interesting about the ammo. situation though...Haven't really heard anything about it until I Google'd "Rhode Island, Ammunition ban" and I'm reading up on it now.

"Right to bare arms" - Never said the arms had to be loaded.

And in another potential discussion: Wouldn't an ammo ban really only stop the men/women who do things legally and NOT the criminals?

But hey, that's just my initial thoughts....

EDIT: Just got some of my studies on this up to date. I did hear about it, but was hoping I never would again. I understand that guns need serial numbers. Sure, I'll buy it. But ammo? To prevent a political discussion, I've probably said too much and will now bite my tongue. :excl: :ph34r: :excl: :glare:[/b]
we should be able to discuss the laws being passed. yup they said we could have the guns but nothing
about the ammo. i wonder how much the serial numbers are going to add to the price
of the bullets.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Coded ammo isn't going to happen in TX without the feds jumping in, I say reload it and have the bullets sent to you. Coded ammo isn't here in CO either, if it does happen, I'll go out and buy 2000 unstamped bullets to load.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i think ammo should only be sold unloaded. the drive byes in DC would drop if the thugs actually had to work.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (crackhead @ Jul 9 2009, 07:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738171
i think ammo should only be sold unloaded. the drive byes in DC would drop if the thugs actually had to work.[/b]
Nah, just more money would be made. Someone would load the ammo and sell it on the streets at a higher going rate due to the labor being done.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts