Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, these are up for sale again but with a twist.

These wheels are from the 1996-1999 Mercury Sable. All 4 are in great condition with center caps. Mounted on the rims are a set of General AmeriStar G45S P205/65R15 tires that have more then 60% tred life. There is lots of miles left on these tires. I have never had any problems with them.

The price for these are $225 for the set or best offer OR if you have a set of steel rims and decent tires (15" or 16"), I will do a trade with a smaller payment. You don't have to give me your wheel covers, I don't care about that. Sent me your offers, don't be afraid. These rims are too nice to be sitting as a spare in my trunk.

Of course, a $10 donation will go to TCCA once the transaction is complete (either way it goes).

If you have questions, give me a call at 313-401-4111. No shipping, I would like to find someone who can pick these up in Detroit, MI.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
$200 or best. These are nice for the money

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would they work on the 93 Merc-Sab?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Just to answer your question, yes it will. All wheels from any Taurus/Sable are interchangeable

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they will fit and I still have them. Let me know,

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I still have these. Make an offer! These are way too nice to be used as spare tires!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the tires off, I might be able to ship them. Shipping may cost a little but these are good rims. I would have to add a little to get the tires unmounted.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will look into that for you and let you know. I never shipped tires before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks. Did those come off the Sable GS in your sig? Looks like you have earlier gen SHO wheels in your sig. By the way, I have 96 Sable LS.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to UPS and they said that they can ship the wheels with an extra $5 fee for each.

I will weigh them tonight and let you know of the price. It will ship in 5 packages (four wheels and a box of center caps).

Yeah, the set is the original wheels from my 1997 Sable. I upgraded to GEN2 SHO rims back in March.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool. PM me if you wish. By the way, I did not see in your post but are all 4 wheels round? I assume they've been driven on for 7-8 years. The whole reason I'm doing this is because 2 of my 4 rims (just like yours except chrome) are out of round and shake noticibly while driving.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These 4 are all fine, they were only taken off for an upgrade. I could throw them back on my car right now if I wanted to.

As I said, I will send you a total price once I weigh them.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to work late the last couple of nights. I will get this to you Friday night.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump! Come on midwest! These would be great winter tires. Name a price!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$175.. Great deal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.