Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im bout to go get my exhast done here ina couple weeks, after i pay the money sucking insurance company <_< , i have a vulcan, i am going to have both header pipes run into one, eleminating the 2 cats, remove the stupidest thing ive ever herd of for a fwd car, the flex pipe, and the resonator, after those are gone, i am putting inline a high flow cat after the pipes meet into one, and a 40 series flowmaster, single in dual out. gonna have the pipes coming off the flow, and split to the sides of the car under the passenger doors, and once it gets warmer, i am gonna make my sideskirts to over the exhaust.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 1fast97@Feb 21 2004, 03:20 PM
You might want to think twice about removing the flex-pipe. It's there for a reason.
preventing mounts & exhaust pipes from bending/breaking when engine moves

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey yeah i agree keep the flex pipe, but id like to see how the exhaust turns out get some pics if possible i was thinking bout doing it out the sides of the car but there isnt really anywhere to put he tubing itll hang under the car if u just run it under the floor boards and idk if that be very effective (ground clearence). im doing a custom dual on my 93 making it myself itll go from the rear suspension arm back no mufflers just tubing with 2 1/2 inch chrome tips ill get pics as soon as im done. im making my own y pipe but would like to know if any one knows where i can get a hold of a y-pipe it would save me the trouble of making my own. i started it this fri but ive been under the weather so its on hold till i feel better
ill keep u updated

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I think draxas makes a catless y-pipe for the duratecs. the vulcan?? I dont know. I really hope/wish they do but, i doubt the do. <_< I would like to get rid of the catted y-pipe on mine and run the spoofs they sell so my computer wont crap its pants when there are not cats there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the flex pip is there for a reason yes, but for how little movemnt a motor will have with a torque strap and new motormounts is minimal to none, my old pontiac didnt have it, my bros 88 z24 didnt have it. but anywho, i blew my tranny again, 6 months new and its out, passed my warrenty millage. so im gonna save me a bundle and do it myself. get a transgo shift kit and a 2nd tranny cooler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts