Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put these on the '03 Taurus today. MC NBRR18 at RA for $35.79. Nice product in my humble OP!
Pic shows "mill balance".
-chart-
I am going to suggest the larger issue with the old rotors is rust between the axle flange and rotor. Used car last spring. I spent lots of time scraping and sanding crusty rust off the flange for new rotors. In the pic, the shiny spots are reflection of overhead lights or the camera flash. Surfaces look fine.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,055 Posts
Looks like the new rotors are coated to prevent / reduce corrosion.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put these on the '03 Taurus today. MC NBRR18 at RA for $35.79. Nice product in my humble OP!
-chart-
New one:
MC front pads. They have:
1. Left inside.
2. Right inside.
3 Outside pads.
Instructions on which ones go where.
Anyone else have seen this?
-chart-

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the pads. Took them off while doing sway ram links. One pad had a crack through it but still ~50% remaining. So I replaced the pads.
Today checking the old ones noted this hiding. I have seen this before several times. Shim stock slips between pad and backing. I took a screw driver and pushed in and popped the pad off.
But I am a bit paranoid about having good brakes.
New MC pads have great feel.
Just sharing.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-chart-
One more thing:
New one. Taurus '03 bought used last year. Bit of pulsing of brakes at low speeds. I replaced the rotors and pads. Made no difference.
Bought new drums. Replaced the driver's side today. Issue is gone. I will do the other side tomorrow. Shoes were in good shape, I redid the hardware last year and honed the cylinders.
Not a common issue but just sharing.
-chart-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts