Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
the 500 is offered in AWD, and it uses the Duratech and a CVT. THere is also talk that the 500 will use the Duratech 3.5L. One can only hope that some, if not all, of the drivetrain will transfer over to the 400.

S

·
0 Posts
Futura?? I dont think so.

The Name Futura is a Pep Boys Tire. I got the inside scoop on it.
Ford Recently sued PBY (Pep Boys) for the name Futura. Stating that it is to be the name of their New Car. The Name "Futura" is trademarked my PBY. Ford lost their rights to the name in the early 80s. When PBY picked up the name with it's Cooper Branded Tires in 1989.

PBY Offered a deal that would allow Ford to use the name, but they declined the offer.

But if Ford is still going with the name, this only means one thing.... big bucks for PBY! LOL

How do I know all of this?? I work for PBY.

SableSal

Also, a AWD Taurus would be cool (if they dont come out with a Futura)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't see that car replacing the Taurus. The Mazda 6 is smaller. I checked one out. VERY nice car,but smaller. I haven't seen an official release from Ford that the Taurus is being replaced with ANYTHING. I am hoping the Aussie falcon is the next gen Taurus,personally.
I also wish ford would give up on FWD cars. RWD is WAY better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Front Wheel Drive vehicles are not necessarily inherintly inferior to Rear Wheel Drive vehicles. The observation that RWD is better than FWD is actually rather subjective on many points. I suspect that your basic premise is valid in the majority as it pertains to your statement, but there are documented evidences of FWD's superiority over RWD in certain cases/scenarios.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by TheGreatZambini@Jul 15 2004, 09:51 PM
Front Wheel Drive vehicles are not necessarily inherintly inferior to Rear Wheel Drive vehicles. The observation that RWD is better than FWD is actually rather subjective on many points. I suspect that your basic premise is valid in the majority as it pertains to your statement, but there are documented evidences of FWD's superiority over RWD in certain cases/scenarios.
FWD is more efficient because it doesn't have the added drive train weight of a RWD car.

Personally, I prefer RWD....someday when I get that bimmer....

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Also, a FWD car had the majority of the weight over the drive wheels. Better traction. FWD cars suffer from understeer, RWD cars have oversteer. Oversteer is easier to control, IF you know how to. RWD cars have a larger parasitic HP los, due to the longer drivetrain. Blah Blah Blah.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
A front wheel drive car does have more weight over the the front wheels which will give the front wheels more traction, but not during acceleration when most of the weight transfers to the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 15 2004, 06:24 PM

Ford Recently sued PBY (Pep Boys) for the name Futura. Stating that it is to be the name of their New Car. The Name "Futura" is trademarked my PBY. Ford lost their rights to the name in the early 80s. When PBY picked up the name with it's Cooper Branded Tires in 1989.

PBY Offered a deal that would allow Ford to use the name, but they declined the offer.

But if Ford is still going with the name, this only means one thing.... big bucks for PBY! LOL

SableSal

As soon as they lost that case they went and registered the ford 400 name with the patent office so Im assuming they will use that instead. that's why I called it the 400/futura.

I also grabbed the ford400.com and .org , fordfutura. org websites as soon as they did. ( I already pwn the ford500.org site if anyone wants to do anything with it ).

I grabbed these as soon as I heard ford registered their trademarks, they are moving to make all of their car models start with F, lol:

ford500.org ( lucky shot )
ford400.com and .org
fordfaction.com
fordfinalist.com
falcongtp.com ( heh, what is ford up to !)
fordfutura.org

and my fave:

FORDSCREWED.US !!!!

They will be good sites to have for those car's related model topics, if anyone wants to do anything with them, im too busy.

heh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jul 15 2004, 07:07 PM
I don't see that car replacing the Taurus. The Mazda 6 is smaller. I checked one out. VERY nice car,but smaller. I haven't seen an official release from Ford that the Taurus is being replaced with ANYTHING. I am hoping the Aussie falcon is the next gen Taurus,personally.
I also wish ford would give up on FWD cars. RWD is WAY better.
Its well documents all over the place that the futura is replacing the taurus, do a google search for taurus futura replacement, etc..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a hundred pro car sites that have documented the end of the tuarus in 2005, 2006 relacement for the taurus is the futura. Hmmm... Fairmont? heh, I just grabbed fordfairmont.org just in case, heh.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by 93 Sable@Jul 15 2004, 10:32 PM
A front wheel drive car does have more weight over the the front wheels which will give the front wheels more traction, but not during acceleration when most of the weight transfers to the rear.
A fwd car also torques the car the wrong way. With the car in drive, and the front wheels moving forward, the car torques the rear of the car skyward. In comparison, a rwd car torques the front of the car downward, giving better grip on the front tires.

JR

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by NOok+Jul 16 2004, 08:57 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NOok @ Jul 16 2004, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Jul 15 2004, 06:24 PM

SableSal

As soon as they lost that case they went and registered the ford 400 name with the patent office so Im assuming they will use that instead. that's why I called it the 400/futura.

I also grabbed the ford400.com and .org , fordfutura. org websites as soon as they did. ( I already pwn the ford500.org site if anyone wants to do anything with it ).

I grabbed these as soon as I heard ford registered their trademarks, they are moving to make all of their car models start with F, lol:

ford500.org ( lucky shot )
ford400.com and .org
fordfaction.com
fordfinalist.com
falcongtp.com ( heh, what is ford up to !)
fordfutura.org

and my fave:

FORDSCREWED.US !!!!

They will be good sites to have for those car's related model topics, if anyone wants to do anything with them, im too busy.

heh [/b][/quote]
Wasn't there some kind of ruling about domain name squatting or something? Maybe not.

-Dan

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Jul 16 2004, 10:26 AM
Wasn't there some kind of ruling about domain name squatting or something? Maybe not.

-Dan
There should be.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Does anyone know where this AWD system is coming from? Ford, Mazda or other designer? I wonder if it will similar to the one used in the escape and tribute...that's the only AWD system I know of that FoMoCo is using right now.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The European Mazda6 Wagon already has AWD and has been on sale for a while. So I am guessing that it is an European engineering done by the guys who designed those AWD Euro Ford compacts. Either Euro Ford or Mazda... not likely U.S. Ford.

The Lincoln Zephyr is already announced to have an AWD option, so it isn't that far of a reach for an AWD Futura.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Jul 16 2004, 09:26 AM

-Dan
As long as your not infriging on a trademark it isn't illegal. If you do happen to have a url which contains a trademarked name, you have to show that you have a legitimate use for it and are not just holding it. In this case, NOok has several domains with "Ford" in them and has shown he has no plans to use them ("im too busy"). If Ford wants any of them all they have to do is take their case to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and they'll most likely get them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Xee+Jul 16 2004, 11:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xee @ Jul 16 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dant98@Jul 16 2004, 09:26 AM
Wasn't there some kind of ruling about domain name squatting or something?  Maybe not.

-Dan
As long as your not infriging on a trademark it isn't illegal. If you do happen to have a url which contains a trademarked name, you have to show that you have a legitimate use for it and are not just holding it. In this case, NOok has several domains with "Ford" in them and has shown he has no plans to use them ("im too busy"). If Ford wants any of them all they have to do is take their case to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) and they'll most likely get them. [/b][/quote]
I already have Fomoco written permission to use the domain names indefinitely, and have full media access to their image archives to use on any of the sites for editorial and informational purposes, except for one that I just got this week, but the gal there just rubber stamps the release for me each time I get another domain. when she saw the ford500.org onne on the phone with me, she was like, NICE, that was the first one I got release for. They are no more a trademark violation that taurusclub.com! You just have to apply for a release to use their registered trademark on the site. Once they give approval for the trademark to be used on the site, it's fine.

I've even got full access to ALL of their ass kicking concept cars media/images, the likes of which I have never seen before.

I used this site, and shoforum.com as an example of what kind of information I would like to have for the domains, and they said OK. I've received offers to sell allof the domains except the one I just got, the ford500 one ive received anoffer of over 5K to sell it, I probably will if I wind up not having time to develope it. I'll probably wind up selling them allif I don;thave time to work withthem.

I think lotsof these are GREAT chances to really document, learn about, and keep lots of good information on cars from day one.

N

1 - 20 of 28 Posts