Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Taurus SEL, and as far as I recall, it's said to be holding up 6 people including the driver. I do have to after-steering wheel console, so the central cup holder can be flipped down with armrest in upright position. There was also a small compartment hidden behind the cup holder holding an extra seatbelt.

The question is where would that seat belt go into? I only see two buckles in the front, one on driver side, the other on passenger side. It looks that there's no way I could use that central seat belt. Tried to search in the manual, but there was no answer.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
It's there.
Pull the plastic tray out and you should find it.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
On the G3, in the back there is a big metal hook protruding out of the back rest... For months I had no idea what it was, I just assumed it was something to hook a child seat up to. Then I looked in my owner's manual and found out that it is the shoulder belt for the middle seat. You are supposed to uncoil it and hook it up to a hook on the lap belt buckle. This way, the shoulder belt doesn't interfere with the fold down seats...

I bet $20 bucks that there are illustrations and detailed instructions in your owner's manual about how the middle front seat belt works, just like mine told me what that buckle in the back seat was...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
To be perfectly honest... I've used it and I can't even remember myself...

I've had the center seat removed for a while but I'm pretty sure I left the buckle in the car. I can go check.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I just went out and looked. There is a buckle and a reciever attached to the floor underneath the plastic tray.

Try pulling it out again and if you can't find it, try pulling out the cupholder (or ashtray) on the back of the console and see if it got pushed back there.

It's in there somewhere.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Mar 17 2009, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709867
I just went out and looked. There is a buckle and a reciever attached to the floor underneath the plastic tray.

Try pulling it out again and if you can't find it, try pulling out the cupholder (or ashtray) on the back of the console and see if it got pushed back there.

It's in there somewhere.[/b]
Are you supposed to remove the tray every time you use the center seat? ANd BTW, the tray you referred to, is it the one behind cup holder when it's flipped out? I removed that tray, but did not see any receiver. I found the seat belt and buckle but just could not see where the buckle should go into.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
You might try moving both front seats as far forward as possible, then looking from the back seat. It's possible the receiver has been bent double and is somewhere down near the seatbelt bolts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Mar 18 2009, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709949
You might try moving both front seats as far forward as possible, then looking from the back seat. It's possible the receiver has been bent double and is somewhere down near the seatbelt bolts.[/b]
Found it finally, and yes it was bent backwards to the back of passenger seat.

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (Procter @ Mar 18 2009, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709967

Thanks a lot.[/b]
Glad you found it, but I don't think anyone buckled into the middle "seat" is going to thank me. There's about enough room for a capuchin monkey or a chihuahua.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
No, you just need to pull them up and out to the sides while you put the tray back in. Then just keep them laying in the tray for when you need them.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Mar 18 2009, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709987

Thanks a lot.[/b]
Glad you found it, but I don't think anyone buckled into the middle "seat" is going to thank me. There's about enough room for a capuchin monkey or a chihuahua.
[/b][/quote]

I've had 5 chicks in my Sable at the same time when I was in high school. It wasn't that tight of a squeeze at all. B)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Mar 18 2009, 11:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710221

Thanks a lot.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I've had 5 chicks in my Sable at the same time when I was in high school. It wasn't that tight of a squeeze at all. B)
[/b][/quote]

I would have myself +5 others in my car when I was in school... The one time we went through a RIDE check... That was fun with 5 other people in the car...

·
Registered
600 Posts
QUOTE (Procter @ Mar 17 2009, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709843
QUOTE (mwt @ Mar 17 2009, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709823
It's there.
Pull the plastic tray out and you should find it.

Mike
B)[/b]
I pulled the tray out and found the hidden belt itself in a cloth compartment. But did not see any buckle at all. Is it possible for you to get a pix of that please? Thanks.
[/b][/quote]

i have found both components to this, but i found it pretty easy. Try looking under the 2 main seats in the back. if not it might be wedge between either the driver seat or passenger seat in the front.

I hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (Skindred @ Mar 22 2009, 01:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711219
i have found both components to this, but i found it pretty easy. Try looking under the 2 main seats in the back. if not it might be wedge between either the driver seat or passenger seat in the front.

I hope this helps...[/b]
QUOTE (Procter @ Mar 18 2009, 06:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709967

Thanks a lot.[/b]

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Mar 18 2009, 10:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710221

Thanks a lot.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Oh really, you think you're bad?? Well, I've had EIGHT chicks in the old Mazda back in H.S... And it was a STICK!!!! lol :banana:

There were a couple in each others' laps at times...

The things I did in - er, TO that poor car...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
haha i drove me and 7 chicks to high school a couple of times. it was like a clown car unloading.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts