Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight i put in my CAI and i didnt want to take off the wheel and i forgot to turn the wheel all the way to the left when i pulled in to my friends garage. so my friend has the idea of getting in and turning the key to on and turning the wheels all the way to the right, but they need to be to the left so he goes all the way back to the left. after he gets out we notice PS fluid every where. it looks like it came out of a little breather hole on the top of the cap because it was on the bottom of the hood. it doesnt leak, looks like it just burst a whole bunch of fluid at once. its right below the fill line on the little dip stick. im going to get more fluid after school tomorrow. is this a more serious problem then just adding some more fluid?...oo and pics of the CAI to come, i was to worried bout my PS to take pics.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody???plzz

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
If he did it while the car is off that is normal. I don't know the exact reason for it, but my old 87 F-150 would do it as well as my 99 LX Taurus.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok good...i topped it off with PS fluid today. how do i drain all the fluid? i was going to replace it because it looks dirty..

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Best way I've found is to disconnect the hose from the P/S cooler (long black aluminum bar with a line going to the P/S pump, at bottom of radiator) with the car OFF, and just let it drain into a bucket. Reconnect the hose then refill with cheap fluid and repeat a time or two to clean all old fluid out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the PS pump cooler the long tube in front of my radiator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts