Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I tried to have a meet last year and it fell through, lots of stuff going on, and it was just a busy weekend for people.

I am thinking of maybe trying to put together a meet for the may long weekend. (Memorial Day)

It runs Friday to Sunday.

Friday there is usually a parade of classic cars, last year was around 500, and there was a movie played in our "Central" park on a big screen.

Saturday, most of the cars line the downtown route, there are some vendors set up selling some food, and there is a bit of entertainment throughout the day.

Sunday there is usually something going on at RM Restorations, involving a tour of their facility, and I believe they usually have something related to Harleys going on as the local HD retailer is in the same lot as RM.

After browsing the cars, we could hang out and go for dinner, there are a few decent places around here to dine at,

Saturday night we could do a few things, we could go to the one hotel for bowling, go-karts, or games.

Does any of this sound interesting to anybody? It is not far from the border, really, its about 45 mins from Detroit. There are a few nice hotels and many small motels to choose from; although it will be a busy weekend.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
not to far for me around 4hrs drive so I may be there depending when it is and what is going on near that time money wise

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
I haven't been to Canada for a while... do you need a passport at the border now? I know it's been rumored for a long time that they are going to be requiring that.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
blah, all these weekend meets, i work sat and sun from 7am to 7pm both days >_<

alrady requesting off for Carslile and SHO convention =/

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Mar 12 2009, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=707940

alrady requesting off for Carslile and SHO convention =/[/b]
dont forget the massive meet lol

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starting sometime in June you will need a passport to cross the border.

I would likely see if i could rent a couple rooms ahead of time, and then people could pay me back when they get back. It is likely going to be difficult to get a room with lots of visitors in town that night.

Typically, a motel is about $65 a night IIRC, but if there are people seriously interested, I will take the time to scope out all the prices and get some more documentation.

There is a few things to do other than the stuff downtown, there are Go-Karts for one, I could rent a spot at a park and we could do a BBQ lunch. I think this could be a good opportunity to get together, and at $1.20 exchange, it will be a little easier on the U.S vistors' pockets.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
QUOTE (jason8225 @ Mar 11 2009, 08:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=707716
I haven't been to Canada for a while... do you need a passport at the border now? I know it's been rumored for a long time that they are going to be requiring that.[/b]
I think June or July you will need a passport, but until then you had better have at least a birth cert with you or the U.S. customs officers will make it rough on you to get back home. They dont look at you on the way into Canada, only when you return to the U.S.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Im gonna get my enhanced lisence, apparently its your lisense with your birth certificate printed on the back of it or somthing, and gets you across the boarder just fine without needing a passport.

·
Registered
902 Posts
have the exact date,and i WILL be there come on guys lets get it going and if jason comes it will b partytime B)

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, I am still interested in having a get together the weekend that I have mentioned.

http://chathamdailynews.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1539670

A small write up on this year's festival. Looks like there is going to be a few things to do for the day. I am not sure how long you guys would want to stay around? Just for a day? I mean you could come friday night and hang out saturday and see the cars downtown and whatnot. It is upto you, just need an idea how many people are interested, looks like at least a couple. But let me know what you guys have in mind as far as lengths of your stay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Mar 12 2009, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=707940

alrady requesting off for Carslile and SHO convention =/[/b]
Dang, all these weekend meets. Stuck here in Norway, its just impossible for me to pop over with my car for a couple of days across the Pond.

I should arrange a meet for you guys out here one weekend.

Any takers?

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CANCELLED

Hey, sorry, Maybe another time... It turns out i am working saturday, and have family in town as well.

Sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts