Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OPEN NOW!
Another month.... ANOTHER CHANCE TO TAKE IT ALL!!!

Anyone can submit, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car! Generally the entrants have modified their cars, but anyone can enter.

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY! I will not include any submissions started as a new thread and will just delete those threads.​

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING!

Click Here to View the Submission Rules

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for up to 8 entries, first come first serve! If all 8 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.​

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS!

Any other talk or banter will be deleted. Please only ONE post per entrant! However feel free to submit many pictures (specify voting picture) and give a backstory or tell about your modifications if applicable.​

You MUST post at the very least 3 pictures. 2 of the exterior(an angled front shot, and an opposite rear shot), and 1 of the interior. The car should be clean, and the photos should be of good quality in good weather. Old pictures are fine as long as they represent your car the way it currently sits.​

The winner of this months car of the month will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!​

You can only do this one time: If you actually are reading all of this stuff I'm writing, PM SAM and tell him you're reading it and he'll give you a free 25 days of premium membership. If you already have a premium membership then he'll jump you up to 20 days platinum membership. If you already have a platinum membership, then thank you very much for reading and feel free to PM him and let me know you did!​

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.​

Please remember to read the rules which are stuck at the top of the Car of the Month forum. Remember, more than just Tauruses and Sables are accepted in this contest! A few other similar Ford cars are. Check the rules to find out!​

You will also be entered in the 2014 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!​

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm going to start this off with my Duratec powered 2001 Sable Premium Wagon. She's been a workhorse. We've had our ups and downs but she's still here and sticking around for the long haul.

Here she was in my driveway the day I bought her in June 2011

Since that day I've done a LOT of work to her. I did UIM/LIM gaskets, replaced the 3rd cat after finding it was clogged, plugs and wires along with a coil pack to get rid of a P0301. Recently I replaced the front/rear ball joints, inner/outer tie rods.

She's been the family and the 'stuff' hauler many times

Kind of an old picture but I'll get new ones tomorrow.....
I was tired of looking at the plain old cluster so I figured I'd paint the surround

After a little while I wanted to have some better sound so I picked up a complete Mach setup. I adapted my stock mounting plate to the Mach amp and added the tweeters.

Then I did 20% tint to the rear windows.

I had the Tbird rims on it and decided I wanted to dip them and the front grille

After doing a lot of back and forth I finally decided to put the car in the back yard and fix it up to get it for reliable DD use and sell the Tbird. My 2 year old even helped me :)

At that point I replaced the rear strut rod bushings, the oil pan gasket, the trans mount and rear motor mount. After all that work I put it back on the road and have been driving it for work as my company van is broke.

And the voting shots....

Here's a link to my Project thread that's pretty much outlined all I've done to my Bull over the last 3 years!
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/134-taurus-sable-project-log/174364-sousa632s-2001-duratec-sable-ls-premium-wagon.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2003

hey guys first time doing this so here goes, shes a 2003 Taurus SE wagon,Vulcan power, bought it with 192,000km(119303 miles) drive it mainly to work and back and to put anything i want in it if need be. Car has 219,076km(136080 miles) now.

things done would be: Tint 20%fronts 5%backs, Mach audio system, 2 alpine R10's, auto dim mirror, 6 disk alpine cd changer, 6000K hids, Scangauge E, NO air conditioning think thats it!

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Info:
2002 Ford Taurus SEL
3.0L DOHC duratec 24v V6
156***Kms (98,***Miles)
Dark Shadow Grey (CX) with Black leather and Woodgrain Trim
Spoiler
Moonroof
6-Disc CD changer and Mach Audio System
Auto Dim Rear view mirror with compass
Heated Side Mirrors and LED puddle Lamps
Mods:

Gen 2 SHO Slicers wheels
Mach 1 Chin spoiler
Centennial headlights
Gen 4 and a half rear tail lights
LED Lights (Interior and Exterior including puddle lamps)
Chrome Door Pins to match chrome door handles (Interior)
K&N Drop in Air Filter
2013 Edge Oil Cap and updated Coolant cap
V6 badge on Dash
Gen 3 Taurus badge and SVT badge on Trunk
Painted front and rear spears to match body colour
Ford Racing Boss 302 Spark Plug wires divider (to replace old, broken and missing plastic divider)
5 Stickers including a TCCA Canada Sticker in black…

Voting Picture:

(My girlfriend in front of the car before the SHO wheels)

·
Registered
20 Posts
After owning Ford Explorers for the past 8 years and a Mustang before that I decided to go back to a sedan. I fell in love with the Taurus body style since they changed it and made it a full size car. I bought this Taurus CPO from the dealer where I bought my 2012 Explorer. The Explorer was a lease and I also didn't need an SUV anymore so this is what I went with. I really wanted it in silver or black but I got a good deal and the color has grown on me. Can't be happier with my decision.

2013 Ford Taurus SEL FWD
3.5L V6 TIVCT Engine
6-Speed Auto Transmission
Exterior: Ginger Ale Metallic
Interior: Dune Leather Seating

Mods:
Plasti-Dip Front Grill
Plasti-Dip Side Fender Vents
Plasti-Dip Rear Emblems
Plasti-Dip Wheels
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Center Console
Rockford Fosgate Punch 5X7 3-way Speakers in all 4 doors
5% Tint on Side Windows (not shown in pics)
20% Tint on Rear Window (not shown in pics)

Voting Pic

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
I hope this MAYbe my lucky month! As always here is my 2002 Mercury Sable LS Premium named "Allison". It is no longer a "sport" but just a nice humble luxury cruising sedan. Its got 4 powerful cams and now a sweet bangen stereo (I still need the Mach amp and tweeter). And she loves sneaking into car shows and confusing people. For more information about her please go to the Project Log thread: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/134-taurus-sable-project-log/212193-shelbyracer78s-2002-mercury-sable-ls-premium-allison.html

Exterior 1 and voting pic^

Exterior 2^

Interior pic^

Sneaky little car........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Alright, since I am able to enter this month, here is my 2008 Taurus SEL turned Sport. :lol2:

Specs:
102k miles
3rd owner
Purchased 3/26/14
3.5L 24V Duratec V6 Engine
6-Speed Automatic
Front Wheel Drive

Mods:
Painted Grille and Fog Light surrounds
Tinted tail lights red to get rid of the chrome
Pinstriped hood, grille, and fog light surrounds with Maroon 1-shot lettering enamel.
Tinted front to Utah legal limit (40%) and rear to 35%

Future Mods:
18" wheels and Tires
Borla Exhaust with Y-pipe splitting to a dual exit.
Aftermarket headlights painted gray with red striping and sport decal (stock ones permasealed)

Pictures:
Stock:

Modifications:

Voting picture:

Tail lights:

Interior

And some voluntary body work:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey i was denied last month due to join date. I should be ok now so, Here i am putting mine up for vote again.
I have a 1996 Taurus SHO. I bought her out of Kansas mid cam fail. She still ran but sounded like a cummins. Trailered her home, ripped her apart and retimed the cams. Welded them and been going ever since. Raced my buddys 1990 300zx the other day and spanked him. So she wasn't hurt at all. She is under 100K and not a thing wrong body wise. Paint is perfect, no dents, no rust. Interior is perfect too. No rips, stains or anything. Hope you guys love her as much as I do. In the future you may see her with a 4.6L MTX swap done. I am in the process of collecting info on the swap. SO keep your fingers crossed at seeing this.

First picture for voting guys!!!

Mods: Wired Secondaries, Sax delete, K&N, Welded cams, muffler delete, ported intake and runners, Gasket masked, painted runners, Secondary trans cooler, and as of two days ago SCT Tuner.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's 7 submissions......... who's going to get the last spot for May??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well.... this is the car I've had since September 2012. It's a 2000 Sable GS with a Vulcan and AX4N. It was beaten pretty hard every day for 12 years in upstate New York and had 238,000 miles on it when I got it. It was absolutely disgusting inside and out and just beat to hell in every way imaginable. The door panels were black, the steering wheel was raw, the body hadn't been washed and the interior hadn't been vacuumed in at least 3 years, it had rusty steel wheels, there were bumper stickers all over it and someone decided it was a good idea to drill a light bar over the gauge cluster since the bulbs had gone out. See more pictures in my project log if you don't believe me. On the positive side, it did have a brand-new Jasper engine and transmission put in at 200k. Mechanically, the car is in fantastic shape and it'll last a while longer. Over the past 2 years/18,000 miles, I've given it multiple thorough overhauls and replaced/modified a lot of stuff to the point that considering what it was before, it's pretty nice now. I don't drive as much as the previous owners so it now has 256,600 miles as of this writing.

Here's everything I wrote down that I did from September 2012 until now, besides the many intense cleanings.

I pulled out a dent in the left rear door, removed all the bumper stickers, put in rubber floor mats, put on alloy wheels from an '03 Taurus, replaced the gauge cluster light bulbs and removed the light bar, repaired the interior door panels with new vinyl, repaired/replaced the rear side reflectors and bulbs, replaced the headlights and bulbs, cleaned the engine bay, wired and installed a Gentex compass/autodimming mirror from an '02 Sable, fixed an engine mount rattle, replaced a rear windshield clamp that had been replaced with duct tape, replaced the exterior trim on the right rear door that was wrong (ahem twice), put the interior panel back on the rear hatch that had been taken off, removed some stickers on the rear windows, swapped the GEM with an '02 for lighted unlock, installed a power driver's seat from an '02 Sable, cleaned the fuel injectors, cleaned the headliner, removed the driver's seatbelt to clean it thoroughly, replaced the steering wheel with one from an '01 Sable, replaced the gas cap, replaced the rear hatch lock motor, repainted the plastic rear step under the hatch, repainted the black cowling under the windshield wipers, repainted the windshield wiper arms, repainted the grill chrome like an '04 and repainted the metal under it, replaced the front right wheel bearing, **took on a major rust repair project on the rocker panels and both dog legs*** which had good but unfortunately not lasting results, repainted the front and rear bumpers (somewhat), installed white LED interior dome lights, installed a mach RCU, replaced the vent surround with a beige one, and installed the mach tweeters.

I also just had a ton of mechanical stuff done including a sway bar link and wheel bearing in the front left, rotors/pads/calipers on the front, shock mount on the right rear, springs in the rear, and all 3 catalytic converters and a new muffler. I also got 4 new Firestone Precision Touring tires.

That's about it :)

Voting image from last fall:

More recent pictures:

Interior shots from last summer, before the beige vents:

For comparison, here it is brand-new in April 2000:

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And that's the Ballgame!!

Look for the voting thread soon :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts