Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing some 19 inch ICON w61 Gunmetal rims and I was wondering what is the widest rim you can put on the rear without the wheels sticking out. I want to hopefully go with 19x7.5 front & 19x8.5 rear to acheive the "staggered" look if they don't look so "elbowed" and if they are available in the 19x8.5 as well.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
7.5 is the widest rear...8 is questionable, my 8's will scrape..and i have a 35mm offset so i would reccomend a 7 or 7.5.

Brad

·
Registered
45 Posts
agreed, but you also are going to kill your speedometer if you go with 19's they will fit but you will be way over the 3% of variance that is recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warning guys. I guess I'll just have to go with 18's instead. It's just that the 19's looked so nice when they test fitted one at the rim shop.
:constipated:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What if I got the fender lips tucked in? I've seen it done on a "95" Accord.

I'm desperate!!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
19"s are just too big for a taurus in my oppinion, there isnt enough room for tires and it looks riced. 18"s look nice though, and you can fit a good bit of rubber on there so the ride will still be nice.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Is that your car in the av and sig! WOW!!!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:constipated: Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just beating a dead horse. I just wanted that Euro-tuner look but as I have seen from people trying to put 24's on everything, there is a such thing as too much. Nah, the car on my signature isn't mine. I got it off of a website in Japan that sells kits for the Taurus.

http://www.landmarkjapan.com/2-4_96-tauras/2-4.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Apr 5 2004, 01:07 PM
Is that your car in the av and sig! WOW!!!
As far as I know, that's a custom Taurus owned by a company in Japan. I could be wrong though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts