Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get away from the Buick vibe that I always got from my Sable, so I wrapped the grille (and trunk spear) in matte black vinyl while doing the Mercury logo in antracite carbon fiber vinyl (3M 1080). I wrapped the chin spoiler in black carbon fiber as well. The front end now feels more like a Marauder and less like a Century.

On the interior, I did the window switch panels, sail panels, and console panel in black carbon fiber. All of those turned out looking pretty sick. I tried to add a little of interior contrast and did the door handles in brushed aluminum...ehhh, I'm not too impressed with those and will eventually go a different direction there. I eventually plan on doing the radio bezel, but to do a decent job with it I'd have to remove the radio and I'm frankly too lazy to do that right now.

Last, but definitely not least...I wrapped the roof in black carbon fiber. I'm honestly still on the fence about the mod. Sometimes I'm really digging it and it's aggressive and whatnot...but other times it looks like one of those cheesy fake convertible landau roofs from a distance. I guess it will have to grow on me a little more. The good thing is that all of the mods are completely reversible if I ever wanted to go back.

Anyhow...blah blah blah...here are some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think you get that "convertible landau roof" look because of the color of your car. CF and beige don't really go that well... But hey, it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters :)

I really like the brushed aluminum though. Is it all 3M wrap? Where did you get it from?

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
OK, I like everything about this except for the roof covering.

Lose that and it's perfect.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Looks like dlc360 is getting some competition for the cheesiest ricer looking American car.

That purple decal doesn't do much for the car, either.
Get lost, troll.

·
Registered
294 Posts
pretty cool man. i did red carbon fiber on my interior, i need to re do it, its coming off, but i might be getting rid of my taurus in the spring for a charger

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like dlc360 is getting some competition for the cheesiest ricer looking American car.

Number of times I've wondered "Would Mike234 like this mod?": NONE.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
This will probably be my last post before Nazi Dan bans me...
Hey, how about that Mike, it sure enough is!!!
Stop acting hard, it makes you look stupid. This is a place for well mannered people, insults and smack talking like that will not be tolerated. Don't bother coming back until you learn how to play nice. ;)

/sorry about the late response, I haven't be on much this week, I've been busy with projects and work.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I like the looks, I was thinking of adding contrast to the interior of my car.

Stupid question though, how do you do the carbon fiber look? It looks good, is it just tape? Thanks!

@Mike, I really have to laugh at your posts. As if a temper-tantrum really shows "you got us!". It's an internet forum. Grow up. :)

Edit: Nvm lol I googled it, it looks cool, but does it stretch? If its like tape tape, does it bubble or wrinkle if you have curves?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts

Wow Mike, who crapped in your oatmeal this week??? You know, I would gladly pay the entry fee to any show you would like to compete at against the "cheesy ricer looking wagon" but then again I really doubt your balls are as big as your mouth so I know you would never show up. All I can say is my shelf of trophies speaks for the level that my car is at, what do you have, a Sponge Bob air freshener for yours ?

BTW, to the original topic of this post. I like the work except the roof, but I do respect the effort involved in doing it. If you like it thats what matters. If you did a matte or flat black on the hood then followed it though to the hood and trunk that may look better.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dash Kits | Wood Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber Dash Kits

this is where i got mine from like 3 years ago.

i got the kit in red carbon fiber for the taurus. it would look better if i bought the sheet of it and wrapped it myself. in order to reduce wrinkles and bubbles, or avoid them altogether, use a hair dryer to heat stretch it. i did this when i originally tinted my tail lights, but it looked stupid because once again i ordered the taurus kit on this website, and it comes in 3 pieces to accommodate the curves of the tail light, and that made them overlap and look dumb. the heat stretching is easy. if i bought a single sheet and heat stretched it, and cut it to fit, it would have looked good, but i never did it again, i just peeled it off.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I thought I asked but apparently it didn't show up lol.

Is those dash kits textured like the 3m ones?

I wan't a sporty look for my interior but nothing overdone.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Looks good, the roof doesn't do it for me, but the other stuff looks very nice.

The dash kits are not textured. They are made from either real or imitation fiver sealed in vinyl. I have real carbon fiber in my Aerostar. I went for wood in my Taurus.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If the kit's aren't that good looking [haven't seen any real pics yet though] I'll just opt out and go for the textured one and make it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The dash kits are excellent looking. The 3M stuff is just an imitation textured finish. The dash kits let you opt for real carbon fiber, which is then sealed in vinyl. Like real fiber does, its appearance changes because it has depth to it. So it looks much better than the 3m stuff does. Not saying the 3M stuff looks bad, but next to real carbon fiber its no contest.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh okay, that does sound better. Will definitely look into this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey thats sweet looking.... I would rather get that look instead of the wood interior I got in my SEL right now... were can I find this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts