Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace the master cylinder and booster on my 2000 Taurus. I am also going to replace the front brake rotors and pads. I have a quick question about the pads. I was looking at ceramic, and organic. My dad drives this car about 1000 miles a week as he is a courier. What do you guys suggest in a good pad? Normally I would just go with the organics, and I have used ceramics in the past but never seem to have good luck with them. Any particular brands? Or exact part numbers you were recommend Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Don't overthink it, and just use whatever Ford originally called for. Brand isn't terribly critical, but the main thing is never use the very cheapest line sold by the parts store you shop at. I've seen way too many of the cheap friction materials unglue/unrivet from the mounting surface.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I use the Autozone Durlast Gold Brand pads.They wear fine. Just have the counter person give you the part - easier than looking up part numbers. I think they make semi-metallic or ceramic type. The semi-metallic seem to cut ino my rotors more, so I used the ceramic up front and have had no problems for the last 20K.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, just wondering. I have been using ceramic on my bronco and they keep cracking before 5000 miles. They have a lifetime warranty and I've already taken them back like four times. This is why I am weary of ceramics. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts