Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work the other morning and noticed the temp. gauge jumped drastically all of a sudden so I pulled off and stopped and shut of the engine immediately. I popped the hood and steam was coming off the engine from where a massive amount of coolant was pouring out. It was coming from a small area right near where the hose connects to the thermostat housing so I thought maybe the thermostat or gasket was bad.

Long story short I just replaced that and started it up only to see the exact same thing happen. The leak is large and seemingly coming out of a small circle hole right on the side of the engine near and just in front of and below the thermostat.

Any idea where the leak is coming from or what is happening?!! :(

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Freeze plug in the block corroded through?

How often is the coolant changed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jun 17 2009, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=732968
Freeze plug in the block corroded through?

How often is the coolant changed?[/b]
Where are the freeze plugs located? The spot where it is coming from is up near the top right of the engine block near the coolant tube/thermostat housing. I was under the impression the freeze plugs were on bottom of the engine block, but I could be wrong.

The coolant is not changed often enough, let me say.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any more help would be appreciated. I will try and get a picture of it soon, maybe that will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts