Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make an aftermarket Mass airflow sensor (maf) for the 2019 Taurus Limited with the 3.5L engine. I had one on my 2012 Taurus and it really helped gas mileage and performance! Ford has it located on the intake manifold now!

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
^^^^ Exactly. Any aftermarket MAF would need its air flow to output voltage / frequency transfer function to match the stock MAF or the stock PCM would have a fit and would throw a bunch of codes. This, of course, assumes no aftermarket or custom tune in the PCM.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sorry to pile on, but if something as simple as a MAF would increase power and performance, Ford would have done it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The maf sensor that comes on a new car is programmed to make the fuel mixture run rich! More gas dosen't actually make the engine have more power, it lubricates more to prevent engine wear. A performance maf on the other hand leans the fuel mixture which actually improves performance and gives better gas milage.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
What???? Mass air flow sensor isn't programmed it is calibrated to measure air flow. PCM adjusts fuel mixture based on O2 sensors No matter what the airflow sensor try's to fool the PCM the actual fuel is based on O2 sensors. With car markers fighting for every mpg why would they be concerned about adding fuel to lube engine. Extra fuel breaks down cylinder lube and actually wears the engine faster. Maybe that is true with two stroke engines but not 4 stroke.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The maf sensor that comes on a new car is programmed to make the fuel mixture run rich! More gas dosen't actually make the engine have more power, it lubricates more to prevent engine wear. A performance maf on the other hand leans the fuel mixture which actually improves performance and gives better gas milage.
Typically that's done though a tune as the MAF alone can't determine air/fuel mix. The o2 sensors would control that.

I assume you are talking about the Jet Power-flow MAF sensor. As far as i know it doesn't actually change anything with regards to the MAF air/voltage tables, it just has better resolution.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll have to call BS on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts