Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i plan on putting a computer in car. I want to put the lcd screen where the radio and ac is. I will use the cd players aux input for sound. I need the get rid of all the vaccum tube. I will be able to control anything electric with a relay board that plugs into the serial port. The fan and temperature controls are all electric but the ac,vent,heat,off knob isn't i need some way to convert it. The computer will be able to turn on lights, play mp3 or radio, control ac, give all engine stats through a obd 2 connector i found, play dvds and about anything else like power locks windows

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I want to do the same thing, but I'm not gonna let my PC control the CCs, I'm just gonna re-route them to the roof above the mirror (and still have room for a sunroof). but where did you get the OBD2 connector and how are you gonna get it to interface cause I wanna do the same thing...

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
join the club...ive had a 7" touchscreen sittin on my desk for years now....

as for the vaccum tubes, go get a RCC from an anto climate taurus and use the electronic valves inside it to do the conversion

Brad

PS...i happen to have one but not sure if im selling it yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts