Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While browsing the form today, i had a window pop up about my machine being virused.
My guess is one of the served adds is infected. Someone should check this out.

bob

·
Registered
201 Posts
It’s more than one. I’ve gotten rid of a lot of ads popping up because I’ve altered the hosts file in Windows. The problem with the BS “your machine is infected“ or the “FBI scam“ is that they continue to change servers and IP addresses.

I miss being on an OC48 where I could do a DDOS attack and put them off-line while I contacted their hosts or provider .

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
666 Posts
Hey guys,

The next time you get this pop up can you try to grab its URL and post it here? We'll send it to our ad opts team to get blocked. I've sent the above example to our ad opts team.

Niall

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Administrator
666 Posts
Thank you,

I have sent that to the techs.
Also, moving forward, the next time you encounter this, can you provide us with all the following info?

- How are you accessing this site? Desktop View, Mobile View, or Enhanced Mobile View?
- What browser/device are you using?
- What operating system and version are you on?
- Full URL of the pop-up
- Screenshots of the pop-up

This will help the techs narrow down the issue.

Ed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thank you,

I have sent that to the techs.
Also, moving forward, the next time you encounter this, can you provide us with all the following info?

- How are you accessing this site? Desktop View, Mobile View, or Enhanced Mobile View?
- What browser/device are you using?
- What operating system and version are you on?
- Full URL of the pop-up
- Screenshots of the pop-up

This will help the techs narrow down the issue.

Ed
Adding info about my specific post from earlier today as requested from quote above:
Using a desktop computer,

Ixquick search engine on latest version of Firefox.

Win 7 Pro OS.

I tried to remove link for the full URL but the replying format here defaulted to what in seen in the linkable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts