Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IIRC, GM was using something like "THe malibu is just about perfect for the 2004" or something like that. Well, it looks like it isnt so perfect...and you certainly would be regretting the bill you from your bodyshop. Check this out:
Malibu 5-MPH crash

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Honda just keeps screwing things up with Acura...

Pretty soon, Infiniti is going to pass Acura, and Honda is going to be left in the dust while Nissan and Toyota duke it out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I actually own 98 Chevy Malibu

Getting rid of it though,

Actually NBC aired in it's newcast that due to structural imperfections, the repair for the same 5mph collision from the front corners, can cost as much as $1500-$1750

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by mikehawk@Mar 16 2004, 07:53 PM
WTF? I've been hit and hit things at 5mph plenty of times with no damage. Maybe a scratch or two, but I doubt it be THAT expensive to fix.
If you check out the hwysafety.org site and look under the Taurus its like 300 bucks or something on gen 3 i think...gen 2's even cheaper. i forget g4.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hit several things with my Gen 1 No problemss

maybe scuffed the rubber, maybe

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have hit a few things in my Explorer and no problems...oh wait. I have a steel bumper attached to the frame.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
All Ford cars are made to be safe at the Federal 5 MPH testing. That's why it doesn't cost as much. I got rearended in the LS and the lady was going 15 in her Intrepid. Too bad for her. Nothing on the LS. Her radiator and everything was messed up.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Mar 16 2004, 11:43 PM
All Ford cars are made to be safe at the Federal 5 MPH testing. That's why it doesn't cost as much. I got rearended in the LS and the lady was going 15 in her Intrepid. Too bad for her. Nothing on the LS. Her radiator and everything was messed up.
Is that your LS? Oh man, I love those cars.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Mar 16 2004, 11:43 PM
No visible damage on the bumper cover, but have you looked under and behind it? That's where most of the cost and damage is.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I notcied something today with those Dodge/Chrysler vehicles, esp the cars. They have NO front bumber. I really dont think the "embedded" bumper is working all too well.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yes. It's my LS with a 5 speed. One of 1500 in the 3 year run. There was NO damage at all. Not a scratch. Even behind the bumper. Everything was sound.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Mar 17 2004, 11:31 PM
Yes. It's my LS with a 5 speed. One of 1500 in the 3 year run. There was NO damage at all. Not a scratch. Even behind the bumper. Everything was sound.
I want to know more about it! It would be awesome to find a 2000 LS. Screw getting an economy car for college. I want my road trips to home to be in style and comfort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts