Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken a new Taurus/Sable DOHC car and modified it into a SHO type car? The car is real strong,but needs some help with ride and steering. Are there any performance upgrades for the DOHC engines?
I had a 93 Auto SHO and loved it. The 2000 Sable that we have is close to the SHO but needs some help.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Check some of the threads started by Baby SHO about his baby SHO project. He's doing some major mods to the engine & drivetrain of his DOHC (aka Duratec, Tec, not Duratech, Durabling...)

S

·
0 Posts
SHOStang, if you use the search button you'll find lots of good info from previous Duratec Owner. One that comes to mind is BabySHO (AKA Brad) He's currently working on a 5 speed SVT Duratec Motor. You might want to check out some of his current threads.

Good Luck

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
One that comes to mind is BabySHO (AKA Brad) He's currently working on a 5 speed SVT Duratec Motor. You might want to check out some of his current threads.
I concurr Sal. Brad IS the go to guy as far as I know in this club. You might also want to check with teh Bob. Either way, I'm just dying to see it.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Please feel fre to ask informed questions. And the search function ot just browsing the forums will help. There are stickys at the top of each forum that will answer your questions.

No one has attempted the swap yet, at least no one who posts on these boards. (in a gen 3/4)

Like i said, once you have done some research, feel free to PM me, post questions, or catch me or anyone else on AIM.

Brad ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts