Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got some Novus today for cleaning and protecting plastic (still love Plexus for just light cleaning and protecting the best however). I did a quick (not real good) job of one of my cars.

Before:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other side (forgot a before shot
)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The products... from left to right, number 3 (most aggresive), 2, and 1. The first does the most of the work, the second gets the fine scratches out and the last cleans and protects. Total cost for the 3 was about $20. I found it at the Harley dealer (got some more S100 and Plexus), but you can get it online too. Simple to use .. a couple washcloths and lots of elbow grease

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 18 2004, 06:45 PM
awesome, looks like the stuff does a great job
Yep
I have been meaning to get some for a while. I was gonna get some next week when ordering some other detailing stuff off the net, but found it at the Harley place while picking up some more S100 and Plexus. Definately worth the money and does a great job

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now for the beater...95 tracer .... to show what it does for non crystal clear lenses.

Before:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Proof in the pudding... terry washcloth after doing the lens.

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Get in where? It's all on the outside of the lens.

Looks great Jeremy, I can't wait to umm.....test it out

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Apr 18 2004, 07:20 PM
How in the world do you get in there? Do you disassemble the assembly?
No no... this is all the outside of the assembly... its from built up road grime dirt and crap on the lenses.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Adam B.@Apr 18 2004, 08:18 PM
Get in where? It's all on the outside of the lens.

Looks great Jeremy, I can't wait to umm.....test it out
Yeah I bet you ummm can't

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 18 2004, 08:24 PM
Is that stuff better than blue magic? I just used Blue magic on both my cars, and it worked great. MY headlights look brand new. And for only $4.99, too.
I assume you mean the metal polish? I can't say for myself, but have heard from others that metal polishes worked great... haven't heard on any long term ill effects from it. I use Plexus to keep them from getting like that in the first place... but if you are too late.... I have usually had to wet sand most lenses becuase they were soooo bad. I just picked up the Novus, so I will have to try it on some REALLY bad lenses to check it out. Either one of several methods will work, so if you are happy with the metal polish stick with it
Novus has a rep for being great and I can certainly agree. The 8 ounces I have of Novus will last for a long time so I will probably stick with it for now for moderately dirty lenses

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Apr 18 2004, 08:29 PM
Will I be able to buy that in auto parts stores or is that special order?
Read above
I found it at a Harley dealer..other than that you will have to order it off the net. I can give you some sites if you want

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The Blue Magic says it is a plexiglass/plastic polish. I got it at Autozone.

n2 space, give it a try and see if you like it. I'm curious how it stacks up to your standards.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 18 2004, 08:59 PM
The Blue Magic says it is a plexiglass/plastic polish. I got it at Autozone.

n2 space, give it a try and see if you like it. I'm curious how it stacks up to your standards.
I'll look into it, thanks

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Have a link for a decently priced net vendor?

BTW, looks great. Also, why didn't you do that side marker on the Tracer? That one looks far worst than the headlight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts