Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filter from my '03 Sable which I have had 8 years, it has been replaced before this.

"04 Sable: Pic of where the filter goes, I removed it. This from my recent '04 which has a good history.
Looks like the filter was improperly installed, and the front was pushed way back so air can miss the filter and go directly inside. Shop vac the leaves then hose with fine spray and washed it down, then more nozzle so the drain was flushed. All good but need a new filter.
Just sharing.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are spoiling it for everybody else. I was already thinking about a post-retirement career replacing cabin filters for $600 an hour. Somewhat boring job, but for that money ...
If a shop guy had to go to the book to see how, then neglects to do the clips right and drops one, then it takes longer. Then if Ford dealer, tec has to go and wait at the parts counter with papers to get a filter. "wait tine". Then slow walk back to the shop. (SMOKE BREAK) Then if they drop a clip, maybe they just leave it off.
-chart-

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have to remember that historically, these were pretty much one of the first mass produced cars that had a cabin air filter standard. I feel like to this day a lot of people never even knew that one was in there, especially once they left the realm of dealer service as the cars aged.
This used one I bought, Ford dealer service first 8 years and the record shows maint list but cabin filter not mentioned. Sway arm link at 36K. Battery at 5 miles. They did list service items.

-chart-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts