Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they suppose to sound like this? I have torqued the botls, installed new round gaskets seals direct from ford. I can't find any exhaust leaks anywhere. I took a hose and found the ricer sound coming from the upper ypipe cat. Is this normal? Will it quiet down over time? It has a cheap cherry bomb muffler which I am pretty sure is what is cauing the poping noise. The ypipe cats are brand new.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/745317/...ze/dscn0003.wav

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the brand new converter was not sealed right from magan flow. It is leaking out the back converter.. So now I have to have the leak welded shut. Which means I have to yank the converter out, buy new gaskets again and take the car down for smog again and pay another $50 bucks. Which now brings the smog total to $610... Flow master from now on. California SUCKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (I own a Torres :) @ Jul 24 2009, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741684
Well the brand new converter was not sealed right from magan flow. It is leaking out the back converter.. So now I have to have the leak welded shut. Which means I have to yank the converter out, buy new gaskets again and take the car down for smog again and pay another $50 bucks. Which now brings the smog total to $610... Flow master from now on. California SUCKS!!!!!![/b]
Flowmasters go bad pretty quickly. The insides of the resonance chambers has really thin metal compared to other companies out there. So they sound good for a little bit, then its all over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts