Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i got a(mexican named) taurus mod 1990 3.8 fi v6 , but its the same as mercury sable mod 88 or 89, i got this poor economy fuel in hard traffic condition of less than 10 mpg, i change the air income valve (the one in the top of the motor) but its the same, i got to much horsepower, and no smoke at all, i made a full tune up recently, but nothing its change, so i start to move and i find something VERY iNTERESTHING, i disconnect the tps sensor but at the same time i turn up 1.5 turns the rallenty screw (so the car dont get off) and guess what? i got like 22 mpg,now, but the car ocacionally gets off, i want to know if the tps sensor has to be with the poor gas economy or its something cassual?? i got now the best economy since i bought this car 4 years ago. and i see so many forums and the most tells it its has to be with the MAF sensor, but i CANT located in my car, so i dont know for shure if got one, and where its located, i know where its supoused to be but its not there, so i can find it, and since i dont know for shure how it looks.... but in the place thats has to be there its not there... u most understand than here in mexico its not so much technology mechanics, not even in the ford agency, so its hard to find a good mechanic that can understand the ford 3.8 and how work the computer and its sensors, now this its a milliondollars question, if a put a new one (nothing cheaper tps sensor its like 80 us dollar, a half month of my mensual income) i goint to loose this gaing fuel economy???
how i can increasse the fuel economy? i can buy o2 sensor there are to way expensives and all the local mechanic only made me spend money and there is not a sustancial change (until this unexpected behiver) so any suggestions????
Thank you
ps... where i can find taurus pictures modified or tuning?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (vazquezalva @ Mar 19 2009, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710514
hi i got a(mexican named) taurus mod 1990 3.8 fi v6 , but its the same as mercury sable mod 88 or 89, i got this poor economy fuel in hard traffic condition of less than 10 mpg, i change the air income valve (the one in the top of the motor) but its the same, i got to much horsepower, and no smoke at all, i made a full tune up recently, but nothing its change, so i start to move and i find something VERY iNTERESTHING, i disconnect the tps sensor but at the same time i turn up 1.5 turns the rallenty screw (so the car dont get off) and guess what? i got like 22 mpg,now, but the car ocacionally gets off, i want to know if the tps sensor has to be with the poor gas economy or its something cassual?? i got now the best economy since i bought this car 4 years ago. and i see so many forums and the most tells it its has to be with the MAF sensor, but i CANT located in my car, so i dont know for shure if got one, and where its located, i know where its supoused to be but its not there, so i can find it, and since i dont know for shure how it looks.... but in the place thats has to be there its not there... u most understand than here in mexico its not so much technology mechanics, not even in the ford agency, so its hard to find a good mechanic that can understand the ford 3.8 and how work the computer and its sensors, now this its a milliondollars question, if a put a new one (nothing cheaper tps sensor its like 80 us dollar, a half month of my mensual income) i goint to loose this gaing fuel economy???
how i can increasse the fuel economy? i can buy o2 sensor there are to way expensives and all the local mechanic only made me spend money and there is not a sustancial change (until this unexpected behiver) so any suggestions????
Thank you
ps... where i can find taurus pictures modified or tuning?[/b]
I don't know the answer to your questions... But is that picture of your car or someone else's? It's really nice if it is yours!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts