Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i got a 99 taurus se gen 3 duratec with DOHC and im looking to ditch the filter box but those 4 bolts from the MAF bolt directly to the filter box, is there any converter that you know of that would make the bolts into a regular pipe out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
IIRC, it's a 70mm MAF, which is a standard pattern across all Ford MAFs, so you can do an online search for a 70mm Ford MAF adapter. I picked up my 80mm adapter on ebay for $25.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, with that adaptor, i cant seem to find a 70mm for under $30, you said you used an 80mm, would i be able to do the same or am i pretty much locked at a 70mm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, so i dont know why i thought that way, no duh im stuck at a 70mm, just having a hard time finding a decently priced one

·
Registered
233 Posts
just cut the square off and fit a spectre sleeve onto it
This is what I did with my original 70mm MAF. It's entirely workable, but the taper leading up to the square looks terrible under a connecter, and the roughness of the cut will introduce turbulence right before the MAF. I can suffer my own frankenstein creations, but I won't recommend them to other people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts