Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was wondering if anyone had the demensions for a MAF adapter for a 97 gl to hook up a K&N cone filter. I go to a tech school and a buddy of mine is in Machine Tool so he can make anything outa metal.

Thanks

~Roland

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well its pretty easy to get too, you can meassure it. I can probably get the meassurments for you when the weather gets better.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
If we got ct97's friend to make the the overbore butterfly valves for gen3, would that cut down on machine shop costs, Bob? I know the ports still have to have some work done so the holes are even and round, but this should help a little, right?

B

·
0 Posts
They need to be bored on a machine, such as a Bridgeport miller. No offense to anyone, but I'm only willing to have them done by an actual shop. I've found one, and one I've worked with before. He's looking at the manifold now, and I should have pricing soon. It's basically precision machining, which unfortunately costs money.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no offence taken here. i believe we have a bridgeport miller at are school, ill double check. but more power to ya if you want to go pro

EDIT: WHERE MY MEASUREMENTS FOR THE MAF DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Its still cold!! Freaking 25 with windchil, what ta hell... its spring!!! Wheres that global warming I heard so much about? As soon as it warms up I'll get them for you since I'll be working on the car anyway, got to change the accessory belt.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob, are school has 8 Bridgeport millers, and i was talking to a senior about making the overbore butterfly valves / manifold and he said give him the demensions and he said he could do it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by qaz-@Mar 23 2004, 07:39 PM
Its still cold!! Freaking 25 with windchil, what ta hell... its spring!!!
Hey - sorry to hear it's so cold. It's been in the 80's for 2 weeks here in California.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts