Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
If you're going to get aftermarket speakers, you might as well get aftermarket tweeters, and if you're going to get both of those, you might as well get a set of components for the front. The mach system is not impressive in the least bit - I would personally refrain from installing any mach equipment if you don't have to.

Y

·
0 Posts
if I were to do anything, i would get the mach tweeter pod, than add something to it. i think that it juts looks A LOT better with the pod there

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i have the mach setup from the factory and i love it.

Reactions: jobales

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I have Infinity tweeters installed in the stock sail pod, and it makes worlds of difference over either not having tweeters or having the stock tweeters. I'm still looking for the Mach covers for my car. I tried searching for them on the posted site, but couldn't find anything, and I'm too impatient after lunch to play with the thing. If someone finds them, could they link direct?

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 8 2004, 11:49 AM
I have Infinity tweeters installed in the stock sail pod, and it makes worlds of difference over either not having tweeters or having the stock tweeters. I'm still looking for the Mach covers for my car. I tried searching for them on the posted site, but couldn't find anything, and I'm too impatient after lunch to play with the thing. If someone finds them, could they link direct?

JR
I wasn't able to find them searching their website either so i called and they said it was $21 bucks per grill cover so basically 42 for both grills. Now IIRC HokieRacer said they would quote MSRP over the phone so if we could find them on their website it should be cheaper.

My sable came with the MACH 6 speaker system but for some reason they didn't have the MACH grills. I wonder if in the sables they just didn't have the mach grills just to be different. I will be replacing all the speakers in my sable soon but still would like those mach grills if they don't cost too much (and yes $42 for two plastic grills is too much IMO).

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 02sable@Jul 8 2004, 11:42 AM
i have the mach setup from the factory and i love it.
I too have been very happy with my MACH system's performance. It's probably the best factory system i have had but it's still time to replace it IMO for better aftermarket parts ;)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I have the same black grills, hightec...

I've been looking for newer Tauri/Sables at junkyards that have the Mach system, but I can't find any that have the Mach badging on the grill. I won't pay 21 per grill...maybe 21 for both, but not for one.

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 8 2004, 01:10 PM
I have the same black grills, hightec...

I've been looking for newer Tauri/Sables at junkyards that have the Mach system, but I can't find any that have the Mach badging on the grill. I won't pay 21 per grill...maybe 21 for both, but not for one.

JR
Same here on the $21 for a pair but not each.

Now i'm really starting to wonder if they just went with the plain grills on the Sables and if so why they decided to do that.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Nope, Gen III's got the Mach grills before the Gen 4's.

Sound Systems were as follows...

4 Speakers, no tweeter pods (regular climate control)
6 Speakers, tweeter pods (regular or digital climate control)
6 Speakers, MACH (digital climate control only)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Yeah, where can you get those cool MACH tweeter grills without having to go through the Stealership. I want to get rid of my boring old grills from my Gen III.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I put the Mach 460 tweeters in my Mustang and it made a very big difference in the clarity of the high's. I dont think mine had any inline filter, because I just soldered a speaker wire directly from the door speaker to the tweeter. I'm not sure if the Taurus is any different, but I had to trim the door panel to get it to fit, but it wasnt a big deal at all. If you can afford to get aftermarket tweeters and put them in the Mach cover do it, but the Mach tweeters are very decent sounding. I had the Mach in my 2000 Taurus and it sounded CLEARER and had nearly as much bass as the Bose in my more expensive Acura. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 8 2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah, where can you get those cool MACH tweeter grills without having to go through the Stealership. I want to get rid of my boring old grills from my Gen III.
Fordpartsnetwork.com

$18.99 per side

plus 7.99 shipping

-Damon

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
there is a filter on the mach speaker to cut out the highs as they are produced by the tweeters....so to answer your question....NO! ;)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
The price from fordpartsdirect.net for the Mach grilles was just under $17 each. When you go to place the order for the tweeter pods, there is a box where you can add additional comments - this is where I put in the part numbers for the grilles since it wasn't in the online parts search. The parts department at that dealer will add the grilles manually to your order and send you an e-mail to verify that they're including the grilles with the order for the pods...Shipping was $10 for 2-day UPS air for the whole order (both tweeter pods with tweeters, and both grilles).

Sorry it took so long to respond, but I've had a problem trying to reverify my login name after I updated my e-mail address :huh: ...So I had to come up with a new name...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by HokieSES@Jul 9 2004, 10:58 AM
Sorry it took so long to respond, but I've had a problem trying to reverify my login name after I updated my e-mail address :huh: ...So I had to come up with a new name...
I'm sure one of the admins could help you with this if you ask them nicely ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm considering doing this mod, but i have the side-impact airbags. Should I be worried about messing them up when i take the door panels off?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts