Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 98 SE Comfort, that I've upgraded the audio system to the JBL from a 96 SHO. Well, everything is JBL, except the tweeters which are supposedly Mach tweeters from a 97 SHO. I put them in and they sound great, though the Mach covers don't seem to work. They fit, but they're loose. All that would hold it in is a tiny clip. There are two holes on the top of the cover that I have no clue what they go into. Is there a different housing that the tweeter fits into, attaches to the door, and then the cover screws into that? Does anybody have any input on that, or possibly have what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wonder if the '98 Mach would be different than my GF's '03? On hers, the tweeter screws in to a plastic surround, and then the cover clips on to that surround (the cover is triangular and has -IIRC- 6 clips molded in to it).

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
98 and up tweets are all the same housings and tweets, some have mach logo grilles, some plain grilles.
96 and 97 housings and grilles are different. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right, 96-97 SHOs tweeter covers are different from the 98-99 SHOs. I saw it first hand today from another member, who has a few 96-97 SHO's. We pulled the cover off and there was a bracket that was riveted above, and between the tweeter. That's what the two holes on top line up with, and screws go into. Those, and a clip are the only things holding them on. Thanks for your response..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts