Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought himself a 2000 Taurus SES in white and it has the mach sound system in it. He wants to purchase my head unit which is a 7" flip out LCD touch screen and I have some questions about this installation cause I'm putting it in for him.

Since he has the mach system and the RCU is different than a standard one and he has the two tweeters and he has the 6-disc changer, am I going to run into any problems doing this job?

Will I be able to keep his 6-disc changer hooked up?

How do I wire up the tweeters?

And are the connections on the RCU terribly different from the standard one I have?

I've never worked with a mach set up so I don't know anything about this stuff and I couldn't find anything on here about somebody asking questions on how to install an aftermarket deck in a mach system. Big thanks for the help in advance, much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Harnesses are identical, and it's still a 4-channel amp. Tweeters are run off the front channels and have in-line high-pass filters. No, you can't keep the factory changer hooked up - no way to control it without the stock HU.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Did these cars come with MACH w/o EATC? If you have EATC, you'll be in a world of pain.
[/b]
Yes they did.

EATC is something that came standard on the 2000-4 SEL (top of the line) Taurus model. Stands for electronic automatic temperature control). Instead of knobs, you select a degree temperature, the car figures out whether to use hot or cold air to bring the car to that temperature. On a side note, it is not really possible to swap it into a car that came w/manual knobs...more work than you'd want to tackle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This be EATC:

[/b]

Oh no, he doesn't have that, he has standard manual knobs like I do. The abbreviation threw me off, I know what that is and I know you can't even put a new head unit in when you have that kind of temp control. Thanks for the big help guys, much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts