Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Haha I've made the same error before no worries. Did you get some 98+ tweeters?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
QUOTE (TourDeForce @ May 26 2010, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807072
It's also FALSE. Upon closer inspection of the plugs, THIS SCREW UP IS MY FAULT !

The plugs are simply inverted vs the stock RCU. I'm feeling very stoopud. :(

Last time I do mod work with my sunglasses on. Let the laughter begin![/b]
Haha, I think every person on this forum can tell you about a time they did something similar. :lol2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for a plug-n-play compatible 99 Sable/Taurus sedan Mach Amp. I just went to the salvage yard and they gave me a F8DC-18C851-AA. (no fins all around ). It's the same unit I have in my Sable. I have some questions. Are the sedan and wagon mach amps plug-n-play? How about different years. Are the years for the mach amp from 96-99 and 99-07 all the same amp speaker connections. Could someone let me know if they have a plug-n-play compatible mach amp for a 99 Sable.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Looking for a plug-n-play compatible 99 Sable/Taurus sedan Mach Amp. I just went to the salvage yard and they gave me a F8DC-18C851-AA. (no fins all around ). It's the same unit I have in my Sable. I have some questions. Are the sedan and wagon mach amps plug-n-play? How about different years. Are the years for the mach amp from 96-99 and 99-07 all the same amp speaker connections. Could someone let me know if they have a plug-n-play compatible mach amp for a 99 Sable.
Hi uivic...
The unit you picked up should be like this in the pic: http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/635689/fullsize/w00t.jpg

If not, you do not have MACH.

The physical RCU itself is the same regardless of wagon or sedan, its the bracket on the back (which is swappable) that is different between the two. 4 bolts hold the bracket on.

The connections never changed for the 97-07 MACH RCUs, (96 Premium Sound RCUs have same connection).

I do have a number of 1997 MACH RCUs, as well as a 99 RCU if interested.
I also have the accompanying tweeters if interested, the grilles do not say MACH though, just standard. While it may look it, your 99 will not have the physical tweeter installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how much for an amp and tweeters? will i have issues in a standard wiring harness? With the wattage and amps being higher?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tweeters and Mach?

So just because a car has tweeters that doesn't make it a Mach? Looked at several at Pull a part, can't see part number with unit still in car. Was thinking of going back up there with a mirror......And speaking of tweeters, are those things worth anything? There were several cars up there with the tweeters and grills intact.....Thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I pulled what i thought to be a JBL amp out of a 98 SHO today... car had no subwoofer or wiring for, has part number F7DF-18C851-LA which is a Mach from a 97LX according to you guys... so is it just a standard mach amp then? or does it still have output for a sub? It was a loaded SHO with power leather seats, moonroof, etc, so i cannot figure out why it didnt have the JBL sub unless it was a deleted option for the year.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I pulled what i thought to be a JBL amp out of a 98 SHO today... car had no subwoofer or wiring for, has part number F7DF-18C851-LA which is a Mach from a 97LX according to you guys... so is it just a standard mach amp then? or does it still have output for a sub? It was a loaded SHO with power leather seats, moonroof, etc, so i cannot figure out why it didnt have the JBL sub unless it was a deleted option for the year.
Note: amp even has JBL sticker ontop of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an RCU here for a 1996 Taurus wagon, premium sound. Part number is F6DZ-18C851-D and the engineering number is F6DF-18C851-BB. I've also got a regular RCU from an 03 Taurus sitting here. Both of them have identical connectors. They're actually identical except that the '96 premium sound one has a heat sink on the one end, and the regular '03 one doesn't. Does anyone know if that 1996 premium sound one is actually a step up compared to the regular one from 2003?

Edited: I crossed over the engineering number and it looks like someone swapped boxes at some point. This thing is not premium sound, even though it's got the heat sink on the one end.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LOL, I have a Knack for bumping OLD threads, I need to ask the qestion because I read all 6 pages and nobody has asked it. What is the Sound Difference between the MACH and JBL RCU's Respectively ? I have a JBL RCU and I notice that my Highs got Higher and my bass got punchier, I am running Infiniti Reference 4x6's all around and I noticed that the Lows are Too low as in frequency not loudness causing my speakers to bottom out at about half volume durring a lil' Jon song LOL. I noticed on the JBL Unit that there are little potentimeters is there any diagrams of what these do, or what they adjust ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The JBL uses a subwoofer....

which mounts in the rear deck between the rear two speakers so without
it you'll have noticeable loss in the low end.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
What's the point of listing Mach RCU part numbers if it looks sufficiently different with all the fins? Why is this thread even a sticky? Am I misreading something?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

:D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just bought a Mach RCU off eBay. It has part # XF1F-18C851-CA in the photo but he listed it as a '99 SHO amp.

According to this thread, it's a G4 Mach RCU. It clearly has the cooling fins in the photo.

I paid $30.00 + $9.95 shipping (he accepted a 'best offer' I put in of $30).

Did I just score a G4 Mach RCU for a great price?

Either way, if it's a '99 SHO or a G4 unit, it will fit in a 2004 Taurus, right? Also, even without the tweeters (yet), will it better or do you absolutely need the tweeters?

The auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360433617764&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The tweeters add some fullness I think!! I was glad I added them to my 2003 SE with the Mach amp. Santana blows the doors off and that is good!!
Tweeters give the guitar solos some real pizazzzz!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just recently added the tweeters as well, Much improvement for sure. It completely changed the soundstage, I don't have to turn it up as high anymore as well.

Troy.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
1998-2006 Use the Mach RCU plug and play. Tweeters same 1998-2006. However, only SEL and some SES are pre-wired. SE will require splicing into the bottom speaker. Durasel may have some tweeters for you.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.