Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently have done some research regarding upgrading my audio system in my 2000 taurus se and have found that i would like to do the MACH upgrade. now i was looking for clarification because some people have done it differently as others. as i was planning on going to the jy soon i wanted to make sure i got everything that was needed while i was there.

so to do the MACH upgrade and have it sound good all i would need to buy is...

MACH RCU

Tweeters on front Doors

and everything will be fine and work well as long as its after 98 right or do i have to find stuff from 2000+

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
i recently have done some research regarding upgrading my audio system in my 2000 taurus se and have found that i would like to do the MACH upgrade. now i was looking for clarification because some people have done it differently as others. as i was planning on going to the jy soon i wanted to make sure i got everything that was needed while i was there.

so to do the MACH upgrade and have it sound good all i would need to buy is...

MACH RCU

Tweeters on front Doors

and everything will be fine and work well as long as its after 98 right or do i have to find stuff from 2000+
97 or later, unless you find a 96 JBL system, which I prefer because of its factory subwoofer. But, yeah, the RCU, the sail-pane tweeters and covers, and it should be all plug-n-play. Member SHOMEX regularly has them for sale also.

·
Registered
374 Posts
durasel also regularly sells MACH RCUs, got mine from him. Got my tweeters from Bull Geek.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love the JBL system since well with the dedicated sub. The bass is a much deeper sound, plus it sounds way better! But for the MACH upgrade you will also need to see if you have the tweeters plug already in the wire harness which is a gray plug in the door.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The LX/SE models will not have the door tweeter plugs.
The SEL models will, the SES are a maybe!!:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since you said there wont be a connector already in my door will it not work or do i just splice the tweeters into the existing speaker wires

·
Registered
374 Posts
since you said there wont be a connector already in my door will it not work or do i just splice the tweeters into the existing speaker wires
That is all the connector did anyway, the wire color on the tweeters correspond with the wire color on the door speaker they should be spliced to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The LX/SE models will not have the door tweeter plugs.
The SEL models will, the SES are a maybe!!:)
So i don't really need to worry about having tweeters then? (Its an SES) I can just install the mach rcu and some aftermarket speakers and call it a day right?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
The Mach amp will install plug and play in your SES and greatly improve sound output from only 12 watt to 80 watt. Although the tweeters are not required they will improve another step and 'balance' the sound better as Ford intended.

PM member Durasel for a set and I think you will be very happy with the little extra investment.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Mach amp will install plug and play in your SES and greatly improve sound output from only 12 watt to 80 watt. Although the tweeters are not required they will improve another step and 'balance' the sound better as Ford intended.

PM member Durasel for a set and I think you will be very happy with the little extra investment.
I was planning on getting the tweets when I installed my MACH, but after I replaced my front door speakers that were blown with some cheap Sony 6x8s with tweeters, I don't think I need them. Sounds crystal clear...big upgrade from the stock speakers.

Tweeters with the stock speakers would be a big benefit though, but they're not needed with upgraded speakers in my opinion. I might add them anyway later on.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Yes. I've considered upgrading the two front speakers to Pioneers as a few other members have. I don't need a louder system but maybe a little more power and balance for the front.

However, I have a set of front speakers from a 1996 SHO that has Ford/JBL on them. Are they a bit better and would they fit in the '03 I have?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive got early G3 tweeters for sale pm of interested

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you need good pictures of what your looking for theres a post a little ways down the first page and i have pictures from the ones im getting tomm when i return to the jy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts