Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD OUT

What is the Mach Audio System?

It's an stock 80w amp with tweeters that is a plug and play* audio upgrade. It fits 98-2007 (correct me if I'm wrong) models. It replaces the stock 12w amp and the audio difference between the two amps is like night and day. It's a great cost efficient way to upgrade your stereo system with little effort.

Asking $70 with shipping for each set

PayPal preferred

*The tweeters may or may not be plug and play for your specific model. Each model may or may not be prewired to include a plug for the tweeters to connect to the front speakers. If you are NOT prewired a simple splice job can have you wired up. When I first installed my tweeters I wasn't prewired and I had to make a splice and the process took me about 10 minutes total; it's quick and easy.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
this man speaks the truth.i got a mach amp and mach tweets, plug and pay. done just the amp and listened for a day. then put the tweets in, focking amazing. pull the door panels for the tweet install and a 10mm socket to swap the amp. 2001 SES

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like one... I have an 01 SES, i wasn't aware it had a stock amp? Where is it even located? I have an aftermarket headunit installed, and a full component set that I haven't put in yet, but all the aftermarket speakers will be run off a 300w amp that I have laying around.. Would I even need this 80w amp? I for sure know I want the tweeter pods :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would like one... I have an 01 SES, i wasn't aware it had a stock amp? Where is it even located? I have an aftermarket headunit installed, and a full component set that I haven't put in yet, but all the aftermarket speakers will be run off a 300w amp that I have laying around.. Would I even need this 80w amp? I for sure know I want the tweeter pods :)
If you're doing all that, the Mach audio system is obsolete.

The Mach system is nice, but aftermarket always wins ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
^Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.. But either way. I currently don't have a place to mount any tweeters, so I need these pods. My local junkyards didn't have any when I looked the other day.

·
Registered
497 Posts
^Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.. But either way. I currently don't have a place to mount any tweeters, so I need these pods. My local junkyards didn't have any when I looked the other day.
The sail panels are useful, I used them in my car to install aftermarket tweeters.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
If you're doing all that, the Mach audio system is obsolete.

The Mach system is nice, but aftermarket always wins ;)
JBL with factory sub >>>>>> Mach.

Then aftermarket comes next. :lol2:

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
i have the mach what does it take to add the factory sub
Completely different audio system and a decent deal of rewiring. Plus disassembly of the back part of the car, drilling, etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
Vinman0725
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing