Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure wish our ketchup tasted as good as the Canadians. (thanks Ian) That goes for the Miracle Whip too.

Stupid US sugar price supports for the beet farmers..........

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
LMAO, I didn't know I should be glad to be Canadian because of our Ketchup and Miracle Whip. I thought it was our great Canadian winters and moose....:lol2:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Actually i thought i was crazy cause i noticed Heinz from the US and from Here in Canada does Taste different .. The canada Stuff is better.... never tried the mayo tho.....

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Hmm. Paul, i will trade you one case of ketchup for one case of coca cola. lol. I think that american coke tastes better than canadian.. it must be the difference in sweetener

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down here the use Fructose or corn sugar. The stuff is horrible IMHO and only a boon to Archer Daniels Midland. Another big political supporter of whoever.

I quit drinking regular pop when the went away from real sugar.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Down here the use Fructose or corn sugar. The stuff is horrible IMHO and only a boon to Archer Daniels Midland. Another big political supporter of whoever.

I quit drinking regular pop when the went away from real sugar.
[/b]

Hmm, well how about we swap some coke for coke? lol.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as pop I only drink diet stuff now. Favor the Splenda sweetened products.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Splenda is too sweet IMO. I once tried Diet Green Tea made by Arizona and it used Splenda. Holy crap it tasted so sweet compared to the regular stuff. I thought I was going to get diabetes. Funny thing was, the regular stuff didn't even have that much sugar in it at all compared to other juices and drinks.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But was the regular green tea sweetened with sugar or corn syrup?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I haven't had a Coke since the SE meet at the end of September. Instead, I make my own sweet tea using real sugar.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably wouldn't need the sugar if you used Capt' Morgans Private Stock rum. In fact after one of those doctored tea drinks you probably wouldn't need the tea.......

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Funny you should bring this up Paul. Kirk and I did a little taste test this summer and neither of us could taste a difference between the Canadian ketchup and the US ketchup.

How's your supply of Miracle Whip? Did you finish that gallon yet?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny you should bring this up Paul. Kirk and I did a little taste test this summer and neither of us could taste a difference between the Canadian ketchup and the US ketchup.
[/b]
Somehow that doesn't surprise me....

I gave half the MW to my neighbor. No way would I use that much in a year.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
But was the regular green tea sweetened with sugar or corn syrup?
[/b]
Most likely corn syrup.

I don't drink soda. I drink bitter tea - real men drink their tea without a sugar chaser. Southern sissies....:p
[/b]
Yes, who needs sugar in tea/coffee anyways?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts