Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anybody know if this lucas stuff is any good to add to these taurus transmissions, or is it just going to make the problems worse?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Don't do it. It thickens up the fluid. If your trans is running fine, it will probably break it. If it's slipping, it might cure it in the short term, but you'll still need to fix the trans.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 22 2009, 12:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734161
Don't do it. It thickens up the fluid. If your trans is running fine, it will probably break it. If it's slipping, it might cure it in the short term, but you'll still need to fix the trans.[/b]
what exactly would it do if its slipping? would it be kind of like when you drive a standard and you let the clutch slip a bit or is it when the engine revs and the car doesnt even move (before engaging) because this one has a bit of a delay before it engages into gear when you first put it into drive. any recomendations for somethig good to add to the tranny? aside from some clean mercon

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It'll feel like driving a standard and you slip the clutch.

If you rev the engine and it doesn't move then you have engagement issues. That could be either mechanical or electrical.

And these trans are kinda slow to engage drive. Don't worry too much about it unless it's like a 5 second delay or something.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I just did this the other week and i honestly cant complain, my trans has done none of the things it was doing.

BUT BE WARNED!!! this is an afternoon worth of work, not just dumping in a bottle!

I Drained and flushed my transmission, cleaned all of the dirt and gunk out of the pan and replaced the filter, filled all but 1/2 qt up with standard Mercon V Auto Transmission fluid and the rest was Lucas Transmission fix. I cycled all of the gears about a half dozen times and let the motor run in gear for at least half an hour, and only then did i take it out for a drive.

And remember dont think that you can beat your car after this because you WILL break something

This is only a temporary fix so i would look for a new trans in the time being.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok it's not slipping, had an old newyorker that used to do slipping in reverse, but the taurus isnt :thumb: and it only takes about 2-3 seconds to engage into drive so i guess it's ok then. i just figured since it was getting older 180,000 km's, probably be good to add some gunk to the tranny to keep it lasting.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I used it in my tranny with fresh fluid. Did absolutely NOTHING. if you're experiencing problems save your money for the repair. this **** does nothing.

Their "upper cylinder lubricant" (you put this in your gas.. not in your oil.) actually does work, and cleans the injectors and stuff, i noticed a slight difference in how my engine ran. i used it once and its been working great since.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll try that upper cylinder lube, the engine's making a 'tickety' sound at idle, very lightly, i think it might be injectors, (not loud enough to be the valves). is that normal for the vulcan?

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE (newportnews71 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734390
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734385
That "tickety" sound is the injectors firing. Both my Essex and Duratec make that sound.[/b]
good it's not just me then!
[/b][/quote]
i will say ive used the lucas brand power steering "stuff"(as my power steering rack is about dead) i will say that it lasts alot longer then refilling with regular powersteering of mercon v(which i dont use because its wayyy to expensive to be leaking out into my drive way lol)
but over all im satisfied with the lucas power steering "repair" or whatever its called

1 - 11 of 11 Posts