Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the southern chapter that miss this weekends meet and would like to get together in Oct, 2004 here's the deal. The lsshoc (Lone Star SHO Club) is having our 11th annual fall fun run the weekend of Oct. 16th. starting from San Antonio. The fall run is a 274 mile cruise that takes a Texas hill country scenic route that starts in Bandera, Tx. loops around through Rocksprings up and around to Kerrville and then back to SA. For our 2002 fall run we had 23 SHOs sho up and 21 take the run.

Among our club we have 2 of the fastest SHOs in the US, Tony's red 92 is superchared running 18lbs of boost, Murphs silver 92 is superchared runnin 15lbs of boost. Tony's SHO runs 180mph+, and Murphy's is close. They will both be here for this run and gtg.

We hope to see any and all of you all that would like to come join us for our little gtg and run.

We will be lodging at Studio 6 on I-10 west. The price for a single room per night is $42., $54. for a double. Plus the rooms come with a full sized kitchen. Most of us will be coming in Friday night the 15th.

Before the run we will meet in the hotel parking lot for lineup pics, drivers meeting, and a radio check. During the run we all carry FRS t-way radios so we can stay in touch during the run, you know stuff like watch out for that cow in the middle of the road, watch for the mud or gravel and on coming traffic.

The lsshoc has 3 annual fun runs the fall run the 3rd weekend of Oct., the winter run the 3rd weekend of Jan. out of Ranger,Tx. that runs 230 miles around Possum Kingdom Lake, and the spring run the 3rd weekend of April out of Austin that loops around Lake Travis. This past spring we had 15 SHOs, 6 T-birds, 2 Probes, 1 Cobra, and 1 Audi show up.

B) :chili: :hyper:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by beamout@Sep 18 2004, 09:10 PM
I see that you have cars other than SHO's there so I am guessing it would be ok to have a shiney silver SLO there with you, namely mine. :)
Yea love to see you guys there. The more the merrier as they say.

:banana: :chili:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on who all is attending the 2004 fall run, so far anyways

Don from Arlington gen2 mtx
Murphy from Arlington gen2 mtx
MikeD/Bruce from Azle gen2 mtx
Tony's El Toro from Arlington gen2 mtx
Chris from Lewisville gen1 mtx
Cory from close to Waco gen2 mtx
Gary Groves from Houston gen2 atx
Sergio from Houston gen1 mtx
Martin from Houstin gen1 mtx
Dale from Kerrville gen1 mtx
Jeremy from Midland gen2 atx
Pam Lee from Corpus gen3 atx
Andrew#1 from San Antonio gen3 atx
Andrew#2 from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Josh from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Jay from Houston gen2 mtx
James from San Antonio gen1 mtx
Jason from San Antonio gen2 atx
Jason's wife gen2 atx
Mike from San Antonio gen2
Jeff from Bergheim gen1 mtx
JC from San Antonio gen1 mtx

If your planning on attending this gtg please chime in.

I'm rattlein the cages of 12 more that I know of around the state to sho.

pic is the lineup of our SHOs in Austin for the spring run.

:banana: :chili:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by rudedog@Sep 21 2004, 06:10 PM
Funds permiting, I'll be there!!!!!  black an blue '93 SLO  (an I do mean SLO!!!!!) :D
It couldn't be slo it's says 140 on the speedometer man. :D :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
i'll try to be there but i dont know about doin the run and all if i sho. btw my gen2 sable is SLO trust me plus y'all mite give me crap for stuff on car. i'll get a pic up soon

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pic of the fastest Taurus in the state of Texas.

:chili:

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well sorry to say it looks like I will NOT be there. My daughter's soccer game stars at 12 noon that Saturday and by the time it's done and I would get to San Antonio you guys will be half way done with the run I am sure. I will try to make it in January or April. I know you guys will have a great time, sorry I can't be there but family comes first.

Robert

G

·
0 Posts
todays update on who will attend run/gtg

Don from Arlington gen2 mtx
Murphy with 2 cars from Arlington gen2s mtxs
MikeD in a rental from Azle gen4 slo atx
Tony's El Toro from Arlington gen2 mtx
Chris from Lewisville gen1 mtx
Cory from close to Waco gen2 mtx
Gary Groves from Houston gen2 atx
Sergio from Houston gen1 mtx
Martin from Houstin gen1 mtx
Dale from Kerrville gen1 mtx
Jeremy from Midland gen2 atx
Pam Lee from Corpus gen3 atx
Andrew#1 from San Antonio gen3 atx
Andrew#2 from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Josh from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Jay from Houston gen2
James from San Antonio gen1 mtx
Jason from San Antonio gen2 atx
Jason's wife gen2 atx
Mike from San Antonio gen2
Jeff from Bergheim gen1 mtx

:chili: :banana:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The post above is form blue92 btw. Anyway the plan for Friday evening is after we unload at the hotel is we are going to caravan over to a car show there in SA with Damien (Osiris on the shoforum). Hopefully we all can hook up at the hotel Friday evening and all caravan over. Be sweet to sho up to the car show with like 12 or more Taurus's in a nice caravan.

The car show is taking place at I-35 and Topperwein Road ( Biff Busby's parking lot to those that know ) if you miss us at the hotel Friday evening you can hook up with us at the car show.

If anyone from this forum would like to meet us Friday evening at the hotel just PM me with a phone number and I'll call any and all just as we are rolling into SA. If you do PM with a phone number please give me your first and last name so I can put in my Taurus car club phone book I keep in my car.

Man the DFW SHO guys are ssooooo ready for this meet.

Oh yea if there is anyone here that doen't feel comfortable driving their car on the run but still would like to attend I'm sure there will be someone you can ride with. We can always use a radio/camera man.

:chili: :banana:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts