Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get done with the junk yard with my friend Nicole and she's driving her Kickass sunfire, when we drive past the Ford lot to pick up my car from her house. I see a white Taurus that catches my eye, so I come back after I pick up my car. A '99 SHO with 34K miles on the Od. They were asking $6950 B) So I hopped in and test drove it. Right then and there I called for my mom and we went to see about a loan. :( We didn't get it. But they woulda given me around $1900 or so as a trade in for LRB. :blink: Oh well, there goes another car out of my grasp. But it was SUHWEET! :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Right then and there I called for my mom and we went to see about a loan.  We didn't get it.
Did you talk to the dealer about financing?? They might have been able to get you in it if they wanted to. You might have had to pay a little more in interest,but hey, how bad do you want that SHO?? :uptosumpn:

G

·
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Aug 17 2004, 11:45 PM
beautiful car. i'm looking for a gen II SHO...i like the MTX's. anyone got one?
I wish I had a Gen II MTX SHO!! B) btw... don't forget to call me when you're in Canton. ;)

There is an absolutely gourgeous black '99 SHO at a used lot by my house with only 48k on it, but they want $10k for it! :blink: I tried to get it twice, but to no avail. <_<

G

·
i'm all the way in PA... hmmm honestly how nice is it?

like are there any kind of imperfections?

I dont know if I should I like the SHO and my car :(

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
A good running Duratec can pull on a SHO at high RPMs because of the higher gear ratio. Seriously.

If your SEL is still sweet, I'd just stick with that. You're not gaining much.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Twilight@Aug 18 2004, 01:30 AM
A good running Duratec can pull on a SHO at high RPMs Seriously.

I'm with you on this one but their will be alot of people who tell you other wise, mostly SHO owners. Probably cause they don't want to say they got beat by a lesser motor :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by D Man+Aug 18 2004, 05:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D Man @ Aug 18 2004, 05:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Twilight@Aug 18 2004, 01:30 AM
A good running Duratec can pull on a SHO at high RPMs  Seriously.

I'm with you on this one but their will be alot of people who tell you other wise, mostly SHO owners. Probably cause they don't want to say they got beat by a lesser motor :lol2: [/b][/quote]
tec is teh new sho! :D

it's totally badass, and i know we're gonna see some great things soon with them, esp w/kermit gettin the sc and such. too bad this motor seems to be ready to be abondoned for the 35 (which will be even more badass! if it can fit in our cars ;D)

G

·
yeah, I guess you all are right,

My SEL does have less miles than the SHO. Its also newer, well only by a year but oh well, and my car definatly stands out, and yes its still sweet lol. People always are trying to look into my windows to see who is driving it b/c my tinted windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by D Man+Aug 18 2004, 05:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D Man @ Aug 18 2004, 05:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Twilight@Aug 18 2004, 01:30 AM
A good running Duratec can pull on a SHO at high RPMs  Seriously.

I'm with you on this one but their will be alot of people who tell you other wise, mostly SHO owners. Probably cause they don't want to say they got beat by a lesser motor :lol2: [/b][/quote]
Getting beat by a lesser motor?? Your gonna pull on a SHO at High RPM's, How far behind the SHO you gonna be when you start to pull, cause I doubt your gonna stay with him off the line. The SHO is gonna cut off at about 142, where is the tec gonna stop, my guess under 120, and if you talkin chipped, then you just got to a different ball park. Bottom line is stock versus stock I doubt that a tec will run with the V8. If you actually believe you can out run a SHO, then good for you, but it might, I said might happen once, but day in, day out your gonna get to see tailights, and the V6 would probably be a bigger disappointment for you. Yes I may be biased, because I own a couple of SHO's a Gen 1 and a Gen 3. Secondly, lets not just run in a straight line, lets go through some corners, are you gonna stay with a SHO ?? Nope not even gonna be close, your car was not built for that, you try and follow a SHO through a tight corner, your gonna end up in the weeds. And always remember, when you go to compare vehicles, the ONLY basis for comparison is STOCK, because to compare any thing else, is just who is smarter and has more money to throw at it

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol guys, chill!

And SEL2000 (don't know your name...sorry!) If I was ready to trade in LRB, then this SHO Was immaculate! I would NEVER give up my car, even if the tranny blows, even if the engine goes, even if she gets crumpled up in a little ball, I'd never get rid of her - but that SHO impressed me so much, I would have dropped her like a hot potato.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts